xapp:elementaction with base="xyz" before a targetbase="xyz"

I have a situation where i would like to provide an add button at the top row of an html table and have a loop iterate and print the sequence of nodes that have been added in consecutive rows of the table.

The problem i run into is that I have an xapp:elementaction with a base set to a loop context that has not yet been defined sequentialy in the jsp file. When loading the page I receive an

Error message: No such node select = “null”, extselect = “null” with base = “budget_loop”

budget_loop is the context into which i would like to insert a “budget” element with the add button.

The “budget” element (/Capability/descriptors/budgets/budget) is located in my “Capability” schema which i have attached to the following optional attributes post

the following html snippet will illustrate the situation in detail.

Q1 : Is there a way to get something like this to work?

Q2 : Does loop context haveto be defined in the jsp file before an xapp:elementaction with base=loop targetbase can be valid ?

Budgets

<xapp:elementaction form=“form_create” type=“insertAfter” base=“budget_loop”>

</xapp:elementaction>

<xapp:loop document=“CapabilityDocument” select=“/Capability/descriptors/budgets” iterate=“budget” targetbase=“budget_loop”>
<xapp:if base=“budget_loop” condition=“exist” select=“.”>

</xapp:if>
</xapp:loop>
Budget   Name
:
   Description
:

<xapp:display select=“$POS”/>

<xapp:display select=“./name”/>

<xapp:display select=“./description”/>
  view edit
<xapp:if condition=“isRemovable”>
<xapp:elementaction form=“form_create” type=“remove”>

</xapp:elementaction>
</xapp:if>

–joeycz

X-Application Version: 4.1.1
Tamino Version : 4.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tomcat 4.1.18
JDK Version : 1.4.1

Hello,

you could try out the following approach with a ‘dummy’ loop just before using the insertAfter.

Repeat the loop, but use an empty body.

<xapp:loop document="CapabilityDocument" select="/Capability/descriptors/budgets" iterate="budget" targetbase="budget_loop">

</xapp:loop>

Bye,
Christian.

Thanks Christian,

Your suggestion did the trick…

this would be something that might be added to the “tips & tricks” part of the XApplication documentation

thanks again…

–joeycz

X-Application Version: 4.1.1
Tamino Version : 4.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tomcat 4.1.18
JDK Version : 1.4.1