WORKFLOW War Stories

Does anyone have any interesting webMethods workflow war stories to share? In short, I have been involved in about a half dozen workflow implementations. My first few implementations were simply to set it up and show the tool sets to the client. I have had one implementation with a fat client, one implementation with the custom inbox and one implementation with a .net interface.

Anyone have any comments or questions? I don’t see any workflow threads.

Ray

Ray,
I am looking for a sample template that shows how to document a proposed workflow design prior to construction. The purpose of such a document is to communicate a design approach to a client, show data requirements, identify dependencies and illustrate overall processing flow.

Given your experience, do you have any samples to share?

Actually, the workflow is a sub-component of an integration that shows human interaction. That’s the best way to characterize.

Visio is my prime source of architectural communication along with a word doc to back up my theory.

HTH

Ray

Here is the situation , the integration server seeks for a Legacy system to do some operation if it fails , it will put in a queue. that should be absorbed by the workflow server and then sent as a task. after that he has to correct it and then resend.  

Hi raymoser , I have a question regarding above implementation of workflow for the first time.
*)How the workflow will be called from the integration server.
*)Can a workflow server read from the queue or can be called inside the integration server.

Workflow acts as a broker client. So, the system will publish a document and workflow will pick up the document and queue it up in the workflow inbox.

The user logs into the workflow inbox to view the data and act against it.

You will need to create the workflow to action against the queued up data.

IT’s hard to help you with the very little bit of info that you have provided.

Integration Server does not call workflow.

You can create a trigger in Integration server that subscribes to the same document from the broker to “read from the queue.”

HTH

Ray

Workflow acts as a broker client. So, the system will publish a document and workflow will pick up the document and queue it up in the workflow inbox.

The user logs into the workflow inbox to view the data and act against it.

You will need to create the workflow to action against the queued up data.

IT’s hard to help you with the very little bit of info that you have provided.

Integration Server does not call workflow.

You can create a trigger in Integration server that subscribes to the same document from the broker to “read from the queue.”

HTH

Ray

Hi, get the following error message when I try to run a workflow task (this is after I have selected the task from a menu that I created in the Inbox):

[WKO.022.0055] Cannot start task. com.wm.zeus.pd.dcs.DCSException:[WKG.020.0009] User for 5 not found.

If I use another user the message is the same, except it’ll say “User for 13 not found.”

Does anyone know what’s the problem?

DJ,

This question probably warranted a new thread of its own. However, since we’re here…here’s my guess.

Did you create a task and assign it to a role that has no users? Or add other filters that would keep the task from being assigned to anyone? It looks like it could be that the DCS can’t find a user to accept the task.

Tate