Workflow Step in Process Model

Hi:

I’m trying to add a workflow step to a process model (using the Modeller).

I’ve tested the process model and workflow module idependently and they both work fine. When I add the workflow step to the process model everything generates and deploys without errors or warnings.

The issue I’m running into is when the process executes it gets to the workflow step but the task never shows up in the user’s inbox. When you look at the process monitor is shows the little “play” icon on the workflow step but the workflow monitor does not show any active workflows.

The workflow logs show nothing. The Integration server logs displays the following error message:

2006-02-16 12:29:40 CST [PRT.0101.0400D] *** Error on transition from T1:

Any Ideas?

Regards,

Jeremy

Jimmy,

Can you run this workflow standalone, outside of the process model?

Mark

Hi,

Yes the workflow and the process model work properly standalone.

After two days of troubleshooting I think I have the problem narrowed down. Since my first post I’ve got a few [WKK.009.0053] errors in the Process Server logs. It looks like the ProcessServer does not have permission to subscribe to the wm::is::wm::prt::dispatch::WorkflowStart document. Some how the setup didn’t create the correct permissions:

2/16/06 [3:40:03.317 PM GMT-06:00] ERROR:
No Permission (109-1373): Cannot access information about document type ‘wm::is::wm::prt::dispatch::WorkflowStart’. Must have either ‘can publish’ or ‘can subscribe’ permission in the client’s client group.

at COM.activesw.api.client.BrokerClient.getEventTypeDefsInternal(BrokerClient.java:8307)
at COM.activesw.api.client.BrokerClient.getEventTypeDefInternal(BrokerClient.java:8105)
at COM.activesw.api.client.BrokerEvent.initInternal(BrokerEvent.java:387)
at COM.activesw.api.client.BrokerEvent.<init>(BrokerEvent.java:110)
at com.wm.zeus.essupport.util.EventUtils.createEvent(EventUtils.java:1762)
at com.wm.zeus.essupport.util.EventUtils.createEvent(EventUtils.java:1753)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.procsrv.esserver.PEManager.startBIProcessImpl(PEManager.java:278)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.procsrv.esserver.PEManager.startBIProcess(PEManager.java:190)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.procsrv.esserver.ProcsrvESSession$3.processRequest(ProcsrvESSession.java:423)
at com.wm.zeus.essupport.util.RequestRunnable.run(RequestRunnable.java:81)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

2/16/06 [3:40:03.317 PM GMT-06:00] ERROR:
com.wm.zeus.essupport.ESException: [WKK.009.0053] Cannot create event [type = wm::is::wm::prt::dispatch::WorkflowStart].
at com.wm.zeus.essupport.util.EventUtils.createEvent(EventUtils.java:1765)
at com.wm.zeus.essupport.util.EventUtils.createEvent(EventUtils.java:1753)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.procsrv.esserver.PEManager.startBIProcessImpl(PEManager.java:278)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.procsrv.esserver.PEManager.startBIProcess(PEManager.java:190)
at com.wm.zeus.pd.procsrv.esserver.ProcsrvESSession$3.processRequest(ProcsrvESSession.java:423)
at com.wm.zeus.essupport.util.RequestRunnable.run(RequestRunnable.java:81)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Now I just have to wait for one of our server admins to re-run the Workflow Configurator. Hopefully that will fix our problems.

Regards,

Jeremy