WmJBoss package gives \"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

Hi,

I’ve just started with IS and installed some additional packages to give them a try (one of them was WmJBoss). Wheneven I wanted to run the server I did it using “Programs” menu in Windows. I decided to run it from the command line and saw this:

• Starting JBoss (MX MicroKernel)…
  • Release ID: null null
  • Home Dir: C:\apps\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJBoss\jboss
  • Home URL: file:/C:/apps/webMethods6/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJBoss/jboss/
  • Library URL: file:/C:/apps/webMethods6/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJBoss/jboss/lib/
  • Patch URL: file:/C:/apps/webMethods6/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJBoss/jboss/patches/
  • Server Name: all
  • Server Home Dir: C:\apps\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJBoss\jboss\server\all
  • Server Home URL: file:/C:/apps/webMethods6/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJBoss/jboss/server/all/
  • Server Data Dir: C:\apps\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJBoss\jboss\server\all\data
  • Server Temp Dir: C:\apps\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJBoss\jboss\server\all\tmp
  • Server Config URL: file:/C:/apps/webMethods6/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJBoss/jboss/server/all/conf/
  • Server Library URL: file:/C:/apps/webMethods6/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJBoss/jboss/server/all/lib/
  • Root Deployemnt Filename: jboss-service.xml
  • Starting General Purpose Architecture (GPA)…
  • …my thread is (Thread[main,5,jboss]), my loader(wm.jboss.launch$SCL@392aea58)
  • Failed to start
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/management/jmx/MBeanServerImpl
    at javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.createMBeanServer(MBeanServerFactory.java:72)
    at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:156)
    at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:394)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:512)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/management/jmx/MBeanServerImpl
    at javax.management.MBeanServerFactory.createMBeanServer(MBeanServerFactory.java:72)
    at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:156)
    at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:394)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:512)

I run the IS from the command line using server.bat, and never seen the messages in the server*.log file.

C:\apps\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\bin>java -version
java version “1.4.2_07”
Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_07-b05)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.4.2_07-b05, mixed mode)

C:\apps\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\bin>ver

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

Jacek

When you wrote “running from the command line” the time that got the errors on the console were you using server.bat?

What is the full console output when using server.bat? The JBoss is started by the WmJBoss package startup wm.jboss.launch SCL (secure class loader) which is noted in the trace.

What version/patches of Integration Server are you running? IS 6.1?
What other packages are installed?

WmJBoss does not ship with or use com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl. My guess is that some package put a javax.management.MBeanServerFactory on the IS system classpath and that factory returns a different MBeanServer implementation then that expected by JBoss. Is there a BEA or Sun EJB Adapter installed?

The command line was ‘./bin/server.bat -dbug -log none -debug 10’

What was included was the whole log of WmJBoss package.

Integration Server 6.1 Build 132

I installed webMethods6 with the packages to let me started: IS, Modeler, Workflow, JBoss, JDBC and JMS adapters.

No BEA or Sun EJB Adapter was installed. Besides, I didn’t know they had existed at all. I couldn’t find them listed in the installer.

Interesting.

I searched all the jars and zips of a 6.1 install with Modeler, Workflow, JDBC and JMS (and the JBoss source). There are MBeanServer* classes in the WmOmiAgent and WmJBoss packages which should be isolated by the IS package classloaders.

I did find a com/sun/management/jmx/MBeanServerImpl.class in Sun JDK 1.5 runtime (rt.jar), which since it is on the system classpath would screw things up.

Are you using JDK 1.5?

Nope. Even if I did, the startup script (server.bat) would set it aside as it sets up JVM 1.3 (%IS_HOME%\jvm) as its default JVM.

The error message pops up everytime when IS is run. Although I’ve created some additional test packages to see how things work that could mess it up (but I really doubt about it), the very first run of IS (once it’s installed using the installer) gave the same error message.

I’d bet that anyone who installs the whole set of these packages:

• webMethods Integration Server 6.1
  • webMethods Administrator 6.1
  • webMethods Broker 6.1
  • webMethods Developer 6.1
  • webMethods Deployer 6.1
  • webMethods Modeler 6.1.5
  • webMethods Monitor 6.1.5
  • webMethods Workflow 6.1
  • webMethods JBoss Package 6.1

will face it.