Wm601 Flat File Schemas recordWithNoID

Does anyone know how to solve the problem of “3 nearly identical recordWithNoID arrays that appear under the root node when generating the document type from the schema which was used to parse a fixed length flat file which did not have any record identifier.”

Singh,

Please elaborate your query again…

You want recordWithNoID rootnode showing as Array or just document in the DocumentType

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

I’m getting three identical reocrdWithNoID arrays in the DocumentType which is generated from the Flat File Schema. I want only one array/structure. One way to elimate is by using the method ‘Mark Carlson’ had mentioned above. I was wondering if there was any way to use the ‘RecordDefinition’ of ‘recordWithNoID’ specified in the Flat File schema and get only one array of ‘recordWithNoID’ in the DocumentType that is generated from the schema.

Singh,

In the Schema/FlatFileStructure tab click on the recordWithNoID recordDefinition then in the properties tab set Max Repeat=1,this makes in the documentType to show as Document not DocumentList(Arrays).

HTH,
RMG

Thanks for your response, RMG. That is fine. What I want to know is how to get the DocumentType to show just one document/array and not multiple documents/arrays (3) when it is generated from the flat file schema. At this point I don’t care if it is a document or array. Whatever it is, it should be one not three.

Sorry i am not sure that y the doctype is showing three identical reocrdWithNoID arrays.

Is there only one RecordDefintion for your fixed length flatfile?

HTH,
RMG

Yes, only one record definition.

If so this should help,I hope you did this way…

In the Schema/FlatFileStructure tab click on the recordWithNoID recordDefinition then in the properties tab set Max Repeat=1,this makes in the documentType to show as Document not DocumentList(Arrays) which is generated from Schema

HTH,
RMG

Hi All,

We have few records with spaces at the beginning, but convertToValues parsing record ignoring the spaces(parsing without record identifier).

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance
Rao

Hi KRA,

Use skipWhiteSpace parameter setup to false.
Let me know if solve your problem.

Javier thanks for solution. Its working fine.

Hi All,

We have another issue, at the end of file few new line characters are there and convertToValues parsing these new lines too. This is because there is no record identifier.

Please help me to avoid new line characters parsing which are at the end of file.

Thanks in Advance
Rao

Are these 2lines are parsing as UnDefData?

HTH,
RMG

Hello,
I went thru the posts above and tried to make my schema work, but it does not …
Here’s what my flat file structure looks like
individual record - AAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXYY9999999999999
Trailer record - AAAAAAAA999999999ZZ9999999999999

The trailer record is identified by “999999999ZZ” which starts from position 9.

I created a flat file dictionary, and in the schema referenced the same dictionary.
The record identifier in the schema starts at position 9.

But still i get all the records as “recordsWithNoID”.
Please let me know, what is it that needs to be changed.

Thanks for the help
Shantanu