wM v10.15 IS not coming up after running migration utility

I installed the wM v10.15 IS and ran the migration utility to migrate from the existing v10.7. The utility successfully completed without any errors. But the IS fails to come up when I try to start. I see below error in wrapper.log. Please check whether you have faced the same issue and update the solution provided to fix the same.
STATUS | wrapper | | Reloading Wrapper configuration…
STATUS | wrapper | | Launching a JVM…
ERROR | wrapper | | JVM exited while loading the application.
INFO | jvm 5 | | Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : …/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar
INFO | jvm 5 | | Error occurred during initialization of VM
INFO | jvm 5 | | agent library failed to init: instrument
FATAL | wrapper | | There were 5 failed launches in a row, each lasting less than 300 seconds. Giving up.
FATAL | wrapper | | There may be a configuration problem: please check the logs.
STATUS | wrapper | | ← Wrapper Stopped

Please check the wrapper logs for more information, could be a migration related issue or some missing post migration steps. The logs would be in /profiles/<instance_name>/logs/wrapper.log

-NP

This logs are from the wrapper.log only

These entries aren’t enough to diagnose the problem. If there are more entries in the wrapper log , please share .
Also I would suggest you check the migration logs for any warnings as well especially related to the E2Emonitoring component.
-NP

In wrapper.log, this error log is only repeating. In migration log, below are some entries related to the E2E monitoring component.
Entry 1:
The relative path ‘-Xbootclasspath/a:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar:“%JAVA_BOOT_CLASSPATH%”’ referenced in file ‘…/…/configuration/custom_wrapper.conf’ is not transformed.
[com.softwareag.platform.migration.migrators.cwc.CustomWrapperFileMigrator] Using path transformer, the value of the property ‘wrapper.java.additional.501=-Xbootclasspath/a:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar:“%JAVA_BOOT_CLASSPATH%”’ has been transformed to ‘-Xbootclasspath/a:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar:“%JAVA_BOOT_CLASSPATH%”’.
Entry 2:
[com.softwareag.platform.migration.migrators.cwc.CustomWrapperFileMigrator] Adding property ‘wrapper.java.additional.501=-Xbootclasspath/a:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar:“%JAVA_BOOT_CLASSPATH%”’ in the target configuration.
The relative path ‘-javaagent:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar=logging.dir=./logs/’ referenced in file ‘/appl/softwareag/wm107/profiles/IS_IS/configuration/custom_wrapper.conf’ is not transformed.
[com.softwareag.platform.migration.migrators.cwc.CustomWrapperFileMigrator] Using path transformer, the value of the property ‘wrapper.java.additional.502=-javaagent:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar=logging.dir=./logs/’ has been transformed to ‘-javaagent:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar=logging.dir=./logs/’.
The relative path ‘-Xbootclasspath/a:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar:“%JAVA_BOOT_CLASSPATH%”’ referenced in file ‘/appl/softwareag1015/wm1015/profiles/IS_IS/configuration/custom_wrapper.conf’ is not transformed.
[com.softwareag.platform.migration.migrators.cwc.CustomWrapperFileMigrator] Using path transformer, the value of the property ‘wrapper.java.additional.501=-Xbootclasspath/a:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar:“%JAVA_BOOT_CLASSPATH%”’ has been transformed to ‘-Xbootclasspath/a:…/…/…/E2EMonitoring/agent/uhm-apm-agent.jar:“%JAVA_BOOT_CLASSPATH%”’.

The issue arises post-migration to webMethods v10.15 from v10.7, where Integration Server (IS) fails to start. The error log mentions a problem with the uhm-apm-agent.jar, indicating issues during JVM initialization, specifically with the agent library’s initialization.

Probable causes include:

1. Corrupted JAR file: The uhm-apm-agent.jar might be damaged or configured incorrectly during migration, causing IS startup failure.
  2. Compatibility or Configuration Issue: Upgrading versions might lead to conflicts or missing configurations required for the new version.
  3. Dependency or Library Conflict: Missing dependencies or incompatible configurations for the JAR file could hinder IS startup.

To address this:

1. Validate JAR File: Ensure the integrity and correct configuration of uhm-apm-agent.jar.
  2. Check Compatibility: Review v10.15 documentation for specific configuration changes or requirements from v10.7 to v10.15.
  3. Dependency Analysis: Investigate if the JAR file relies on other libraries or configurations that might be missing or incompatible.
  4. Logs and Support: Scrutinize other logs for additional error messages and seek assistance from webMethods support or community forums for solutions.

Resolving this involves confirming the JAR file integrity, verifying compatibility, and investigating dependencies to ensure a successful IS startup after migration.

Hi @Venkat_V
I’m afraid there isn’t enough information to provide a definitive answer. Unless the jar in question - uhm-apm-agent.jar itself is corrupt for some reason, I would suggest you raise a support ticket or wait for other answers.
-NP

This issue was resolved after I installed the E2EMonitoring agent and the error is gone. Then IS started without issues.