wm 9.6 Broker & BPMS errors Exception:com.wm.app.b2b.server.ISRuntimeException

I have been learning wm IS and BPM, all installed on my PC. (wm9.6 and Oracle XE 11g on windows 8.1)

I have not managed to get a BPM process to initiate and step through a process, so I have dumb’d down the process to a start activity and 1 task.
I have created a publishable document,a handling service, Subscribing Broker trigger and a publishing service (all in flow) and all work.
In BPM I have built the process and uploaded for execution - all good.
But when I run the publishing service - which should trigger an instance of the BPM process I get the following on the log;
[1362]2015-01-19 22:40:15 CAT [ISS.0098.0049C] Exception:com.wm.app.b2b.server.ISRuntimeException: [Exception: Unable to connect to database!] not found in “com.wm.resources.CoreExcpMsgs”. while executing trigger. Rejecting Document for TriggerStore:simpleProject.simpleProcess.Default:subscriptionTrigger.

This is after restarting the IS server - previously I had the following error;
[1356]2015-01-19 21:52:20 CAT [ISS.0098.0046I] Trigger J_jRQtEolDEurgAVIwwwADXaZQs__simpleProject.simpleProcess.Default_subscriptionTrigger is only available for Local Publishing. Unable to create subscription for Publishable Document wm.prt.dispatch:SubprocessStart: Unknown Document Type (226-1490): Document type ‘wm::is::wm::prt::dispatch::SubprocessStart’ is not defined in the Broker.
[1355]
[1354]2015-01-19 21:52:20 CAT [ISS.0099.0001E] Broker Transport:J_jRQtEolDEurgAVIwwwADXaZQs__simpleProject.simpleProcess.Default_subscriptionTrigger unable to subscribe to Broker Document wm::is::wm::prt::dispatch::SubprocessStart. Exception Unknown Document Type (226-1490): Document type ‘wm::is::wm::prt::dispatch::SubprocessStart’ is not defined in the Broker.

I am sure it is something simple.

Hi There,

I have listed a couple of steps for starters, can you please have a look in –MWS BPM Process Build Issue - webMethods - Software AG Tech Community & Forums

Thanks,

Hi Bob,

sure it is.

In the Designer, go to File Menu and select “Sync Doc Types”.

Choose “Sync all”, “Push all to Broker”.

After that restart IS and try again.

Regards,
Holger

Yes that should does the trick and resolve the broker not sync errors

HTH,
RMG

OK, so I synced the doc types and went through much of the other info. Maybe I had a couple of problems compounded. I still have the Error
2015-01-24 16:59:23 CAT [ISS.0098.0049C] Exception:com.wm.app.b2b.server.ISRuntimeException: [Exception: Unable to connect to database!] not found in “com.wm.resources.CoreExcpMsgs”. while executing trigger. Rejecting Document for TriggerStore:simpleProject.simpleProcess.Default:subscriptionTrigger.

I have checked the server and all my Triggers are active (IS settings>messaging> webMethods messaging trigger management >
Simple.work:listenForSimpleDoc
simpleProject.simpleProcess.Default:subscriptionTrigger
simpleProject.simpleProcess.simpleProcess_1.Deafult:transitionTrigger

I’m not sure what next

learning wm IS and designer 3 .docx (146 KB)

When did you see the first error posted as above?

The error is in my first original posting above.

Did you restart the IS after synchronizing the DocTypes?

This is neccessary so that the Triggers recover from local publishing to remote publishing state with recognizing the publishable DocTypes on Broker.

Regards,
Holger

yes - I shut everything down and restarted, then repeated the test and still get the error.

Did you check this from the logs and it sounds IS pool unable to connect can you test your IS pools and the connection settings?

“Unable to connect to database”

HTH,
RMG