Which type of Architectures supported by webMethods?

Hi Experts/WM Gurus,

I am new to this forum.

Any one of the member,

1. could u plzz let me know which type of Architecture are supported by webMethods?(like bus architecture/hub and spoke architecture or any other architectures) and plz let me know some description about all the available Architectuters in the realtime.

2. Please let me know how to determine that how many integration servers have to be used for an integration (EAI/B2B)
    (whether its depends on number of applications or any other things plz let me know briefly)

3. Can we use one integration server for integrating more than 2 or more appliactions? If not could u plzz give me some description?

These questions are distrubing me for so many days.
Any one of you Please help me.
I am very eager to know the answers. early reply will be appriciated.

Thanks,
Prasad

Did these questions disturb you enough to cause you to read any of the documentation on the webMehods Advantage site or to read through any of the very informative posts here on wMUsers?

JavaRanch, the great forum for folks learning Java, has a terrific set of guidelines for how to ask good questions. Many of them apply directly to wMUsers or any other technical forum. The ShowSomeEffort, SearchFirst and UseRealWords rules seem to apply.

Answers:

1. All of the above
  2. In most cases, only one.
  3. Yes.

Mark

I don’t think the “read the documentation” advice can be over-emphasized.

My favorite tip from the JavaRanch, [URL=“Ease Up (Wiki forum at Coderanch)”]Java Forums at the Big Moose Saloon, which is nicely summarized by “So, please don’t tell us that it’s urgent - just tell us what your problem is, in the clearest way you can, and let us concentrate on solving your problem.”

I also appreciate the tips in [URL=“Patience Is A Virtue (Wiki forum at Coderanch)”]Java Forums at the Big Moose Saloon and its guidance to wait at least 24 hours before bumping your post, and when bumping “try to do so by posting more information. After all, if nobody answered, that’s probably because nobody did know an answer. You had 24 hours to do your own research in the mean time - show us that you used them, and give us new things to think about. If nothing else, work harder to TellTheDetails.”

Thanks a lot Mr.Mark for the quick reply.

1. I would like to know one more thing that if one integration server can be used for intigrating more than 2 applications, then why do we need to use broker as we can do publish and subscribe in one intigration server itself so that we can integrate more than 2 applications?

2. And also in most of the cases if one integration server is used then how to use the Broker, as i read that, to use broker at least 2 or more integration servers are needed?

Thanks,
Prasad

1. You don’t need to use Broker for anything. Using pub/sub is a design decision and is but one way to “send” a document from one source to multiple targets.

2. One does not need to have 2 IS instances to use Broker. Indeed, one doesn’t have to have any IS instances to use Broker (you can use the Broker APIs, including C, Java, JMS to connect applications without using IS).

There are many threads that debate the merits of Broker and pub/sub. Do a search of the forums and you’ll find lots of good information.

Hi Rob,

I have not used any of the API’s till now , but i have a question in my mind that we can get the documents which are published in the Broker with using API’s could you please clear this.

Review the Java API for the Broker. It is available in documentation on Advantage.

Thanks Rob will do that.:slight_smile: