I’m giving support to different clients that have our application installed on a webMethods 6.5 Integration Server environment. One of our clients is seriously experiencing problems with MQ which blocks them to move to production.
An MQ Connection, MQ Listener and MQ Listener Notification are set up to retrieve message from the client’s backend to the webMethods IS via a queue.
At a certain moment in time (mostly, but NOT always) at a high load of messages the MQ Listener STOPS listening the queue and ALL messages are blocked on the client’s queue.
STRANGE: the MQ Listener is still at status ‘Enabled’, while NO messages are fetch from the queue anymore.
When I try to disable the MQ Listener the status freezes on ‘pendingDisable’, and I need to force the listener to shutdown. The listener will start up correctly when trying to enable it again.
LOGS: in the server.log a JAVA OutOfMemory error was found, but this didn’t kill the webMethods IS since other non-MQ Listener related processing continued some minutes after this error.
The client is not pleased on this since a manual intervention is necessary to get the MQ Listener working properly again.
- Installation of all possible fixes for the webMethods MQAdapter 6.0
- Increased logging and enabling MQ Trace logging → no results
- Escalated to webMethods Advantage → no result so far
- Upgrade of webMethods 6.0.1 SP4 to webMethods 6.5 SP2
- Solaris 8 (Patch 117350-33)
- webSphere IBM MQ Server 5.3 (MQ setup: clustered)
- Oracle 18.104.22.168 DB Server
- webMethods Integration Server 6.5 SP2
- webMethods Trading Networks 6.5
- webMethods webSphere MQ Adapter 6.5
I hope this suffice, but don’t mind to ask for any more information! Thanks a lot in advance!!