WebMethods Vs WebLogic Portal

Our company is looking to implement portal and we are in process of deciding which portal is better to implement of these two. We already have a webMethods integration platform and using WM6.1.

I am hoping to hear from everyone and share their experiences.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The answer to this question depends on too many variables and conditions! Theer is not clear cut in portals wich one is beter or worse. If you have WM 6.1 license it does not automatiaclly mean you have WM Portal license sa well. Wm Portal is separate product taht based on WM platform and nitegrates to Wm Broker and IS. But I would say if you have WM Portal license bundled with other WM products and you do not have BEA License then it would make sence to start using WM Portal. I ANy case depending on you portal requirements I recomend to review features of both BEA and WM POrtals.

HI Igor,

We are also in the analysis stage with the WM Portal.

Can you be more elaborate as on which factors we need to look out in making a decision?( I mean the pron’s and con’s of the two…)…

In case you have any comparison document/article … it would be really helpful…

My favorite things about webMethods Portal:

• The visual portlet editors make getting started less intimidating. Integration folks can add front-ends to their integration projects quickly and with relatively little pain []Creating portlets from web services is straightforward. You can also browse ServiceNet (formerly Fabric) for registered web services []The Portal support and development teams are very responsive and are always improving the product in response to customer feedback []You don’t have to install a J2EE app server to get a portal. WM Portal comes with its own servlet engine and will work with most major servlet containers. []Portal API functions can be exposed as web services. This allows you to do things like publishing portal content from within an IS Flow service []LDAP authentication support - Portal can use an LDAP registry (including MSAD) to authenticate users or an ID management tool like Netegrity. []WS-Security support - Working with an ID management tool, Portal can include SAML tokens with every web service invocation from a portlet supporting single-signon requirements

HTH,

Mark