WebMethods v601 JDBC Adapter for Oracle9i

Hi,

I’m not able to create the JDBC adapter.
I’m using webMethods v601 running on Solaris with Oracle 9i database. I already install the JDBC package that come along with the installation disk. Is there any webMethods own JDBC DataSource class that I can use ?

The following error message occur while try to create the JDBC adapter :
Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource iSurf:iSurf.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” cannot be located.
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.class not found

Here’s the connection properties :
Transaction Type NO_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName 10.80.3.244
user isurf_data_user
password ******
databaseName dmdev
portNumber 1521
networkProtocol tcp
Other Properties driverType=thin

Here’s the environment setting :
setenv ORACLE_BASE /orasys/app/ora920
setenv ORACLE_HOME /orasys/app/ora920/product/9.2.0
setenv ORACLE_SID NEURODM
setenv ORA_NLS33 /orasys/app/ora920/product/9.2.0/ocommon/nls/admin/data
setenv TNS_ADMIN /orasys/app/ora920/product/9.2.0/network/admin
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /orasys/app/ora920/product/9.2.0/lib
setenv CLASSPATH $ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip:$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/nls_charset12.zip

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You should install the JDBC driver(all the jar or zip files containing the
classes) for the Oracle9i in the directory
/integrationServer6/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars and
restart the IS. I hope this works.

thanks
Uppen

Thanks Uppen, seem like it able to find the class now, but it show another error message :

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource iSurf:iSurf.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

Anyone have any idea what’s wrong ?

From your original post, it looks like your trying to use the thin driver. However this message almost sounds like the data sources are not defined in the tnsnames.ora file which would mean you�re trying to connect with using a thick driver.

You might want to check your connect string and verify the thin driver syntax is being used.

-Derek

Thanks Derek, it’s working fine now.

what “connection string”? which field should I put the ‘connectin string’ on the configuration screen?