webMethods v/s Siebel EAI

Hi,
I would like to know what are the advantages of using webMethods 6.5 over Siebel EAI for integrating Siebel with other applications.
Plz do let me know certain advantages of using webMethods Siebel Adapter. :rolleyes:

Thnx.

-James

wMUsers is the webMethods discussion forum, not the Siebel EAI discussion forum. Perhaps you can share the claimed features of the Siebel EAI toolset.

If your company or client only needs to integrate between Siebel and other stuff and never between other stuff and other stuff, then it might be a good option. Given than you can’t guaranteed the need to create integrations between other stuff in which Siebel is not involved, I would not lock myself into an application-centric integration toolset.

Mark

There is always a push/pull relationship between webMethods Flow developers and Siebel EAI developers. Most integrations can be built in Siebel or webMethods depending on who has the hours available to build it. Every webMethods integration is going to require some time from the Siebel developers anyway (even if it’s just to verify our tests). The Business Process Monitoring may be what’s missing in Siebel but some systems have a monitoring tool that monitors multiple platforms (Tivoli or Hp Openview for example).
Some companies try to make webMethods a standard for integrations so that monitoring is easier and more standardized. Most companies will not standardize on Siebel for all their integrations because there are integrations that don’t involve Siebel. So, you can expect some push/pull in these situations.
The best way I’ve found to deal with this is to ask the business people if they like their alert messages to look as similar as possible or if they are open to different standards and formats of alert messages depending on the application being integrated.