WebMethods Upgrade from 6.5 to 8

We are wanting to upgrade our webMethods Suite from 6.5 to 8. Which methodology is recommended for the upgrade? Should we upgrade from 6.5 to 7.1 and then 7.1 to 8? Or, should we just upgrade from 6.5 to 8?

Secondly, is it better to do an upgrade from one version to the other or just do a new install?

Bill,

Did you get any resolution/update on this approach?Which route you have considered? Any issues/headaches you faced?

Even i prefer go with upgrade from 6.5 to 7.1.2 and then 7.1.2 to 8

HTH,
RMG

Bill - From what we heard in one of the recent teleconferences around WM8, it seems to be advisable to get up to version 7 before going to 8. But you’ll probably have to talk to SoftwareAG for the official answer.

To that end, there’s an Upgrade teleconference later this month. You may want to check Advantage/Empower for details.

Hi Bill,

Software AG has released a document for direct up gradation from wM 6.5 to 8.0.

In one of the current project we’re also doing a migration from wM6.5 to 8.0. The approach we want to follow is

1. New Installation of wM 8.0
  2. Deploy all the packages and unit test - See if the packages are compatible with wM8.0.
  3. Then do the up gradation of current wM 6.5 to wM 8.0
  4. Deploy the packages from initial wM 8.0 packages to the upgraded environment.

Please let me know what approach you are following.

Thanks
Srinivas

Thanks Srinivas for the update…yes the new document SAG made available now for smooth migration steps 6.5–>8.x

RMG,

Where can I find the document for upgrading from 6.5 to 8? Thanks.

Here is the upgrade link:

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuite8_ga/Cross_Product/8-x_webMethods_Upgrade_Guide.pdf

Check the chapter 5:Performing Side-by-Side Migration from 6.5 to Latest
8.0 Releases

HTH,
RMg

Thank you RMG for the link.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.