webMethods 7.1.2 memory experiences

We just went live with our webMethods 7.1.2 system. We have four clusters. Each cluster contains two IS instances. Also, we are connecting to a broker and using both the JDBC 6.5 and SAP 6.5 adapters.

On the webMethods 6.5 SP2 system, we ran each IS with 2048 MB max memory with the same SAP adapter (different fixes) and JDBC 6.0.3 FP1 adapter. We migrated to the new version of webMethods with almost no code changes.

For the new system, three of the four clusters are requiring more memory. I am now using 2816 MB for the max memory settings. This is a 37.5% increase in required peak heap space compared to webMethods 6.5 SAP2. (I tried using 2.5 GB, but that still failed.)

What has been other people’s experience with memory usage comparing webMethods 7.1.2 to 6.5 SAP2?

Hi wright,
What is the size of the physical memory on the 3 machines that are problematic, what OS and data model(32 bit or 64 bit)? Also, what is the actual issue faced, any message in the log?

Thanks,
WM

We are using HP/UX Itanium servers with a 64 bit JVM. We continued to get memory errors until I changed the audit log settings. Once the audit log setting was changed, we no longer received the out of memory errors.

What we were seeing in the stats log is complete memory of consumption.

What did you change the audit log settings to?

Can you please elaborate on your audit log settings change?

TIA,
RMG