Web services in webmethods 601

We have to use webservices and get XML from our client .
I have gone through Documentation and got soem idea.
If anyone is having experiances on web services can you share with me?
Which communication protocol among SOAP-RPC,SOAP-DOC,HTTP POST ,HTTP GET is better to use ? What we need from our side to test these? Which mode of transport among HTTP,HTTPS,SMTP,FTP is suggested? I agree that it differs based upon our requirement. But if any one can discuss the pros and cons of each i would be thankful.
I need to get XML as input is it advisable to take it as a string? I am also new to WSDL .
Thanks in advance.

I didn’t get any response No one to give me advice?
Please guide me as i am new to webservices

In general, I see more use of message-based (SOAP-DOC) web services than SOAP-RPC these days because of better interoperability. Either HTTP or HTTPS can be used depending on your needs. HTTP POST is recommended over GET.

Find (and read) the IS SOAP Programming Guide PDF. I think it is located in the \doc folder where Developer is installed. You should also work the SOAP examples contained in the WmSamples package.

Keep your first web services very simple by avoiding use of soap header variables or other more advanced features like soap over newer transports or soap with attachments. If you need those features you can always add them later after you gain some experience.

For external tools that you might need, you’ll want a tunneling utility that will allow you to see the messages as they are sent to/from your development server. You will probably also need an XML Schema design tool such as XML Spy or one of the zillion shareware tools.

Since you are new to web services and SOAP, you may also want to consider just having your trading partner send you an XML document using any supported method that both parties understand well (HTTP/S, FTP, email, 5.25" floppy, 9-track tape, etc.) :wink:

Mark

Hi, I hope anyone can help.
A partner of ours is trying to call my webservice, but I only get this error:
2004-04-29 16:02:53 GMT+02:00 [ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body o
f the message.

When I set this debug level of the integration server to 10, I also noticed the follwing entry.
4-04-29 16:02:53 GMT+02:00 [ISS.0015.0004V4] Service Pre_Campaign_Process.iGrade:receiveCampaignData failed ACL access ch
ing for user Default

But I use the Administrator account to from the client’s side, so I don’t know how ACL’s can be an issue.
The client is using my WSDL file and generated code in a .net framework. It seems to me that there is an authorization problem. Where can I get sample code for c-sharp calling a webMethods webservice?
Thanks

Go to the webMethods service that you call and open its properties. Go to Permissions and change ‘Execute ACL’ value from ‘Default’ to ‘Anonymous’.
This worked for us and it seems as a bug in .Net.
HTH
Greg

Thanks alot! It worked. The Dot Net Programmer next to me has a red face now!

One other thing that you can look at for .NET Web service clients is the pre-authenticate property. I remember seeing an issue with this somewhere. Essentially this forces the .NET/C# client to include the password credentials on every request to the endpoint.

There a very small C# snippet related to JBoss.NET at ([url=“http://www.nsdev.org/jboss/stories/jboss-net.html”]http://www.nsdev.org/jboss/stories/jboss-net.html[/url]) about midway down the page.

Newer versions of the .NET runtime may address this issue i.e. actually use the network credentials when a 401 is received from the server.

cheers!

ed

Hi All,
I am getting this error message for SOAP Requests in wM 6.1:
[ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body of the message
com.wm.app.b2b.server.AccessException: [ISS.0084.9004] Access Denied

for the SOAP request…
I have set the Execute ACL to anonymous…still it does not work for us…any ideas?

TIA

Hi All,
It worked when i set the execute ACL to anonymous.

Thanks

Hi All,
I am getting this error for the SOAP response :
[ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9133] Error while encoding RPC output

Any suggestions?

TIA

Hi All,
Any suggestions on this error?
[ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9133] Error while encoding RPC output

TIA

Did anyone find the solution to the [ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9133] Error while encoding RPC output error? I’m having the same problem calling the wm webservice from .net. The ACL on the wm service is set to Anonymous.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!

Thanks,
F

I had some problem but solved. I guess we only get this error in version 7.1. under. The version 8 readme file says that the fix IS_7-1-1_WebSvcsXML_Fix3 resolves this issue and already included in version 8 and v7.1.3

The related .jar is wm-g11nutils.jar. If you explore this using -xvf and you will see a MANIFEST file which contains the version. You will see many common utilities including encoding etc. in this jar. So whenever you will get a generic error to do with encoding then look for correct version of this jar under <IS_HOME>/common/lib

Regards
Rama Gowda