View Java Service Signatures for WmRoot services

I am able to view services in WmRoot by setting the extended settings watt.server.ns.hideWmRoot=False. However, I can’t see the signatures of the services so I’ll know what to pass to them.

For example, I want to invoke wm.server.access.acsAssign, but don’t know what to feed it.

Can anybody help?

You cannot view the signatures becuase webMethods decided not to document the signatures.

You can try running them and try to guess the inputs from the error messages you get.

Rupinder

Stan the best way I found to get signitures from java services is to decompile the class and see what input it takes its easy way using any java decompiler.

Careful about licensing issues. Decompiling is generally frowned upon. Especially to gain access to services that are intended to be used by the general public.

“Especially to gain access to services that are intended to be used by the general public.”

Of course that was supposed to read:

“Especially to gain access to services that are not intended to be used by the general public.”

Durn computer doesn’t type what I mean…

:wink:

I think it would be a best practice not to recommend actions that are illegal even when the intentions are good.

Most of the WmRoot services are called from DSPs, since the ‘source’ is clear text there is less chance there is something wrong with looking at them, although I am not that familiar with the Millenium Copyright Act and other legal details.

Also note that anything not in the Build-In Services doc can change with any release (or possibly any package fix), so isolate and document any WmRoot service that you call and put in a support request to webMethods, so it is known that “the functionality of service x.y:z is critical for Xxxxxx.”