Using IS JMS Adapter with third-party JMS Providers

Hi,

Is there any way to setup JMS clients, to produce and consume messages, without use webMethods jar files (BrokerJMS61.jar, client61.jar and jmsnaming61.jar) ?

For example, my JMS client will run on Jboss AS, so I’d like to use JMS implementation from JBoss, is this possible ?

thx
Anderson Araujo

Yes. The webMethods IS JMS Adapter supports other JMS providers besides BrokerJMS.

Just follow the instructions in the JMS Adapter User’s Guide to place the jars for your provider in the IS classpath and (optionally) use the JMS Admin package to specify the naming provider that you wish to use and create JMS connection factories and destinations.

You can usually do this by importing the jndi.properties file for your provider. The WmJMSAdmin package contains a pre-defined “JNDI Template” for JBoss to get you started.

HTH,

Mark

Hi Mark,
thanks for your reply.

I don’t know if I understood, but I want to use WM Broker as provider (not Jboss), and the clients (written in Java) are running on Jboss.

The problem is: I want to use JMS jars from Jboss to connect and send/receive messages to WM Broker.

s

You want to use BrokerJMS as the JMS provider and use a JBoss-based application to produce or consume messages there, right?

I’m pretty sure you need to use the jars from your JMS provider as shown in the examples in webm_home\Broker\samples\BrokerJMS.

In order to instantiate the correct connection factory and topic or queue, you would need the BrokerJMS classes
from the BrokerJMS jars.

You would not attempt to use Informix jars to connect to Oracle, right? Same thing here.

Mark

You have to use the JMS provider’s jars for whatever jms provider you are connecting to. If you are running JBoss but want to connect to webMethods Broker JMS provider, you will have to use the webMethods Broker JMS Provider jars files. JMS is a spec or set of interfaces in Java not an actual implementation. It is up to a provider to write the implementation. In this case you want to use webMethods Broker JMS Provider, you have to use their implementation jars/classes.

Yes, this make sense for me.

Thanks Mark(s)

s

Are there any limits to distributing the BrokerJMS6.x.jar files to clients outside of our organization? Or, is there a fee from wM for this?

I’ve been weeding through Advantage and this site and can’t find a clear answer regarding…

There are no fees for distributing the client jars for the broker or the broker jms. There would be fees for actually installing the broker itself in multiple locations if it exceeded your total cpu/license count.