User with limited access to APIS in API Gateway

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to create a user in API Gateway with access to only 1 or 2 specific APIs? I want this user to be able to view and modify only the APIs assigned to them. For example, if there are 1000 APIs in the gateway, I would like to assign just a limited number of APIs to this user. They should also have the ability to edit and promote these APIs to the next environment.

I suggest looking into the Teams feature.

What is a Team in API Gateway? (webmethods.io)

1 Like

@Theodore_Ezell1 I have already explored the teams option there is no option to provide access to limited apis, there is only option (Manage APIs) which will give you access to all apis.

The functional privileges assigned only apply to APIs assigned to the team. Implementation steps:

1. Enable team support: Enabling Team Support (webmethods.io)
  2. Create a test user in Software AG Cloud; assign only API GW user
  3. Create a group; assign test user to group.
  4. Create a team; assign group to team
  5. Edit your APIs; you should now see teams assigned (Administrators, Default). Remove Default from API you want to hide. Assign your team to APIs you want visible. After changing team assignments, click the blue check mark to apply changes.
  6. Log in as your test user. You should see only APIs assigned to your team.

Here is the view when logged in as API GW Admin:

And here is the view logged in as my test user. Only the Payments API is assigned to my team.

To change multiple APIs, there is a REST API: How do I Change the Ownership of Multiple Teams? (webmethods.io)

1 Like