Use amqp trigger with microsoft azure service bus

We are trying to configure wmio amqp trigger with azure service bus.

azure service bus supports amqp protocol : Overview of AMQP 1.0 in Azure Service Bus - Azure Service Bus | Microsoft Learn

I’ve tried numerous combinaison to configure the connection.
Each time getting this message

In network console,
what sounds to be authentication issue.

Combinaison tried
Host :

• amqp://my_instance.servicebus.windows.net
  • amqp://my_instance.servicebus.windows.net:5671
  • amqp://my_instance.servicebus.windows.net:5672
  • amqp://my_instance.servicebus.windows.net:443
  • amqps://my_instance.servicebus.windows.net
  • my_instance.servicebus.windows.net:5671
  • my_instance.servicebus.windows.net:5672
  • my_instance.servicebus.windows.net:443

Username :

• Shared Access policy created

Password :

• Primary key associated to Shared Access policy
  • Primary key associated to Shared Access policy (url encoded)

Secure connection : true/false

If anyone has a clue, that would be cool :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Did you add the token you generated in azure, to the connector? I usually try to establish the connection using an easier tool first, like Postman or SOAP UI. After successfully creating that connection I apply the same configuration to the client that I am configuring. Some screenshots of the connector and/or postman/SOAP UI would be helpful especially if you can establish the connection elsewhere.

Hello Engin, thanks for your help.

Are you refering to the “AMQP workflow trigger” or the “azure service bus” block credentials ?
Because I understand help of postman (or similar) for getting the oauth2 authentication for the “azure service bus” block but not for the ampq trigger one ?

Am i missing something ?

here a SO article on the format I tried to use without success : jms - Azure Service Bus AMQP Exception - Stack Overflow

1. username
  2. password (which has to be urlencoded)

I can connect to the service with service bus explorer, bus using azure protocol and not amqp. I will double check with another tool.

I wasn’t the one who generated the token unfortunately. But I used the token generated in Azure. If my memory is correct, when generating the token you need to set permissions for that token. If the permissions are set correctly you should be able to call it using a simpler interface. I was following this method because it is really difficult to detect the actual problem when there is one and its even more difficult if there is more.
I would check Access Control settings for token first and then test it using something simpler.

Hello Engin,

I quickly dropped a message in amqp protocol to azure service bus successfully.

back to WMIO, with those credentials, I still can’t make it work.

• secured connection = true
  • password = URI encoded and not.

I was able to make trigger works on cloudamqp, still it’s not the provider we want :')

The connector you are using looked wrong to me. Are you using Azure Service Bus connector? Mine looks like this.

Hey, no :slight_smile: we are trying on purpose to use the “AMPQ workflow trigger” rather the “azure service bus” connector one. (as mentioned in my initial message, including capture of the AMQP connecteur settings panel)

Why:

• Azure Service Bus is compatible with AMQP protocol (which is a standard. source)
  • We want to trigger workflow when messages on specific queue or subscriber are received. (can’t make this with the standard azure service bus connector except if linked with a clock trigger: buy buy event driven)
  • we have already a tenant and a contract with microsoft azure, including protection of our data (GDPR and stuff).

Fabien

Referring to official documenation at

Developer - webMethods.io Integration, I can see that our AMQP connector only supports AMQP protocol up until 0.9.1.

Note: We are currently supporting AMQP 0-9-1 messaging protocol.

I found in Wikipedia page, it’s indicated that Azure SB and RabbitMQ are implemented using different version of the AMQP protocol. You can refer here too: AMQP 0-9-1 Protocol Specification — RabbitMQ

Implementations

AMQP 1.0 broker implementations

Pre-1.0 AMQP broker implementations

Because of this, the AMQP connector won’t be able to connect to AZ SB and there could be error that was not showing in the UI while configuring the account.

To workaround this issue and since there is no trigger for Azure Service Bus connector, you may want to consider implementing a clock trigger with the frequency you want and then utilize MS Azure Service Bus connector to pull the data in.

1 Like

Thanks for the details.

Far from ideal, but made it works with an intermediate rabbitmq instance.

1. azure service bus
  2. rabbitmq with shovel plugin configure (bridge between amqp 1.0 and amqp 0.9.1)
  3. wmio with amqp trigger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.