Usages of IS instances

Hello experts,

I’m collecting all possible use cases for the is instances. Could you share your experience on what have you used those for?

Regards,
Angel Tcholtchev

Can you please be more clear on what exact use cases you are looking on IS server usage in real world scenarios?

At a high leven it is used for any enterprise application class Integrations (with IS instances placed as the middleware engine) tightly hooked in between source and target systems real-time or batch (it can be between ERP’s,Self-Service Apps,Hybrid Cloud eBusiness (B2B/eCommerce) scenarios to name them few)

HTH,
RMG

Angel,

Integration Server can be used for B2B/EAI integrations. The IS can be used for Pub-Sub model integrations leveraging Broker. The community can help you with more insights if you can elaborate more on what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,
Ashish Bania

Hi,

my specific interest is in the usage of the instance management - e.g. multiple IS Instances in a single IS installation.

What will drive a customer to create multiple instances of a server in a single installation?

Regards,
Angel

Angel,

Good question and hope we got it now!

Basically the main use of these multiple instances model on single IS instance is you can create replica of environments faster so either you can create multiple dev’s or qa’s or prod’s based on-demand business needs in your Integrations* wide landscape.

for example: Having with Single IS installed base (having said that all wrapper configurations are good to go) we could have a situation that needs to create few multiple IS instances (configure and bring up) to support various work centers/org’s which can have same or similar framework or basic packages hosted (b2bIS,supply chainIS,procurementIS,FinancialAccountIS etc…) with in your Enterprise in some real-world scenarios and situations of having multiple IS instances (from out of Single IS installation)

Again not only this given example just a beginning to give you some clarity to explain for one such situation that demands and the useful of this feature in general.:)-

Just my few cents!

HTH,
RMG

As you are apparently a SAG employee, why don’t you ask the folks who created the feature? Or are you trying to find the lost reason? :slight_smile:

That’s Interesting :slight_smile: