Usage of CALL 'XXXXXX' ?

Hi Natural Gurus,

Can any1 assist me in finding exactly why we are going with CALL ‘CMROLL’ #parameters ?

Also, we are using CALL ‘USRNNNN’ #parameters?

My query is we will be using CALL to call non natural prorgam. so ‘CMROLL’ is non natural program means it is writtem in Assembler ?

What it will do exactly?

even we are using ‘USRNNN’? we do have a complete set of programs to perform some functionality…

What it is all about? Pls explore it.

Kindly correct me,if i am wrong…

Education, Education, Education.

The way to learn any programming language is to take a class, not read some code and post a few questions.

CMROLL is a routine that creates a delay in processing. The parameter for CMROLL must be an I2 variable. The value of the parameter is the time in seconds you wish to delay execution. It can be used, for example, to create progress bar charts.

The USR routines are written by, and maintained by, and enhanced (usually by new versions) by Software AG. Suppose you write several programs to work with Natural source code in the editor. Then, in the next version of Natural, some of the control characters and formats are changed. Your code is suddenly worthless. By contrast, if you use a USR that has the same functionality, it will either be modified, by Software AG, to reflect the new format, or be replaced by a new USR with the same or similar functionality.

steve

Steve,

Thanks for the same, I would like to know things as i dint chance to work on this CALL ‘USRXXXX’.

Anyway, This input going to help me in my own ways,