url syntax in caf

Hi,

I have two questions:

1 - how can I specify on the URL an action (java method) to be executed?

2 - where can I find the documentation for the url keys wmp_* ?

Thanks & Happy new year
Bruno

You’ll want to learn more about Portlet URLs.

In the CAF Samples, you’ll find the Portlet Links Sample (http://communities.softwareag.com/ecosystem/communities/public/Developer/webmethods/tutorials/CAF/CAF_Samples_for_webMethods_7.1.1/MywebM_Samples_PortletLinks.html#10986580) (If you are using 8.0, use the 8.x samples)

I’d also recommend searching this forum for more threads on Portlet URLs, but here’s a good thread:

http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=14784&highlight=portlet+url&sid=55cb5d4d94020653afe8ab2be11af22f

Regards,
–mark

Hi,

thx

Bruno

Hi,

I’ve checked the samples but I still don’t get it.
This is my scenario;

I have a legacy application where I can define an URL to show a portlet from MWS (inside an iframe). Everytime the user tries to create a request in the legacy application the portlet will show up. The thing is that I need to call an action to reset the portlet before showing it.

So, how can I specify an action on the URL?

Thanks
Bruno

There is no Standard for invoking actions on a portlet, and it is possible for the format to change from major release to major release. If you were creating this URL from within your CAF application, then by setting the target action property on an extended URL you are guaranteed to be insulated from any changes in the internal format. However, since you are creating this link from outside a CAF application, I would recommend the following approach.

Create a sample portlet that uses the Extended Portlet URL to specify a TargetAction that simulates what you’ll be invoking. After deploying, copy and use that link from your external application.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
–mark

Hi,

I have successfully found a way of reseting the portlet views by setting the wmp_rs=true parameter on the URL.

This is a very handy feature for legacy applications and I just don’t understand why Software AG doesn’t document it.

Thanks for the tip Mark.
Bruno

Sorry Bruno that you had to struggle to reverse engineer the syntax of our Portlet URL representation. I’m glad that you found a solution. If possible, I’d still always recommend using the CAF controls to create these URLs. (When possible of course).

Regards,
–mark