Upgrading to wM 8.2 & Struck with Errors

[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]Hello wM Team,

Greetings.

We are in process of Upgrading from wM 6.5 to wM 8.2 and in the process, we are struck with memory issues, so I am putting it to this group, so that, people who has already upgraded to wM 8.2 might throw some light on the issues we are facing.

OS Details – WIN 2008 Standard Edition with 4 GB RAM and 2 CPU Cores ( VM Ware Host)
wM 8.2 Installation Details – Integration Server, Designer, TN, EDI Modules, EDIINT Modules, Rosettanet Modules, SAP & JDBC Adapters ( Broker & MWS Installed in another Host)

Below are the things which I have done:
→ Installed wM 8.2
→ Unreg the win service and modified setEnvi.bat file (Min --1024 & Max – 2048) and registered win service for wM 8.2 Integration Server.
→ Updated the Max and min server threads (Min – 100 & Max – 500) in IS Admin → Resource Page
→ Configured JDBC Pools
→ Started wM 8.2 server (it started with out any issues)
→ Migrated all the custom packages from one of our wM 6.5 server ( Package Release and Export) (Also Tried with wM 8.2 Package Migrate Utility Tool, I think both are same)
→ While Installing the packages, one package got the same GC Over Head issue and wM 8.2 stopped and restarted by itself.
→ After migrating all packages, I tried to restart the server and while loading the packages, server restarted several times when it face GC Over Head issue and after 1 hour finally it started again.

Different GC Errors:
–>[/size][/font][/SIZE][/FONT][ISS.0048.9999D] GC overhead limit exceeded
[WmAuditingSC.queue.2026E] Failed to remove WmAuditLogEvent from queue ‘Error Queue’; reason: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
[WmAuditingSC.queue.2405W] Unexpected exception ‘Failed to remove WmAuditLogEvent from queue ‘Error Queue’; reason: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded’ in AuditQueueWorker for queue ‘Error Queue’
[ISS.0026.0002E] Failure while loading service flowService:publishAddUser2: Java heap space
[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]
I am not sure why this error is comming while Custom Packages are loading into wM 8.2 server.

So if any one encountered same problem and has resolved it, then please help me to understand on how to resolve it.[/size][/font]

Thanks and Regards,
Uday Sirigiri
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[ISS.0026.0002E] Failure while loading service flowService:publishAddUser2: Java heap space

You can try increase min/max memory and set same all the time and restart IS…This may resolve the out of memory issue[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]

→ Unreg the win service and modified setEnvi.bat file (Min --2048 & Max – 2048)[/SIZE][/FONT] or 3072/3072 (depends on space you have)

Just a thought:

Are you running 32-bit of OS or 64-bit. If 32-bit, you won’t be able to use 2G of memory. You’d better move to 64-bit OS and JVM.

[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]Hello Team,

Thanks for your suggestions.

We are running on win 2008 (32 bit) OS with 4GB RAM.

Though I increased or decreased the JVM Min & Max values in setenv.bat, it didnt replicated in IS Admin page and also while migrating packages I encountered memory issue. So this issue is resolved after applying the wM 8.2 fix.

For wM8.2 windows based (run as service) installation, for JVM Heap sizes to set appropriately, we need to do perform following steps.
–>Install wM8.2
–>Apply the fixes ([/size][/font][/SIZE][/FONT]IS 8.2 SP1 Core Fix 1[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][FONT=Helv][SIZE=2]) from Software AG Update Manager
→ stop wM 8.2 server
→ Unregister wM8.2 service in windows machine
–>Modify values in SETENV.BAT
–>register wM8.2 service in windows machine
–>Start wM8.2 server

So now, I can see correct MEMORY values in IS ADMIN → Statistics Page and also after migrating 40 packages from wM 6.5 to wM 8.2, no error has encountered.

Thanks and Regards,
Uday
[/size][/font][/SIZE][/FONT]