Upgrade TN 6.1 to TN 7.1.2

Hello ALL,

Currently we are engaged in a migration project which involves migrating all the webMethods infrastructures to new 7.1.2 environment. I faced some issues while upgrading TN profiles and related interfaces. Can anyone pls help me in understanding the followign queries.

1. Is there any import/export functionality for upgrading 6.1 TN objects to new 7.1.2 environment.

2. Any specific approach we need to consider while upgrading 6.1 to 7.1

3. Any challenges anyone has faced while upgrading.

Also let me know whether its good to upgrade or better start from scratch for 7.1.2 Trading Networks

Will be glad to know any hints/related documentation/posts which will be beneficial.

Looking forward to share my experieces with all too.

Regards,
Johnrose

Very very ambitious mate :wink:

1. Is there any import/export functionality for upgrading 6.1 TN objects to new 7.1.2 environment. → If you upgrade your database component properly you should not have a problem to re-create all these scripts.

2. Any specific approach we need to consider while upgrading 6.1 to 7.1
    → Read all the migration documents carefully, although my best bet would be to create a new 7X environment and then deploy all your packages one by one. That was you ll have better control on what goes in or what goes out.

3. Any challenges anyone has faced while upgrading.
    → Loads of challenged, the DB migration is always a pain. Use the DB configurator to minimize the pain.

Also let me know whether its good to upgrade or better start from scratch for 7.1.2 Trading Networks
→ “START WITH A NEW TN” - less hassles that way

The easiest approach i would suggest is

• Upgrade the 6.1 TN schema to 6.5
  • Upgrade the 6.5 TN schema to 7.1
  • Connect the new 7.1 IS JDBC pool to use the upgraded TN schema.

All the script details are available on the upgradation guide 7.1.2 of webMethods.

Regards,
Monish