upgrade PRE

we are attempting to upgrade db components for PRE and PRA (runtime data) db components from WM 7.1.2 to 8.2. All we care about is migrating the data in these components (Business Process Instance Runtime Data) using DCC migration scripts. Current versions are PRE v 37 and PRA 33, and we need this data in WM 8.2

Can side by side upgrade be used ? Optimize is 7.1.2.
If we stand up new Optimize, IS, and MWS server 8.2 and run migration scripts to latest PRE and PRA , is anything else required?

Thank you

Please follow the upgrade guide” http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite8-2_sp2/SysReqs_Installation_and_Upgrade/8-2_Upgrading_webMethods_Products.pdf”.

Our latest product version is 9.6. May I know why you are preparing to move to 822?

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek

Chinmay,
I guess, nothing else is required, and it should be fine when you point Process Audit and Process Engine tables to the existing db schema which has got migrated by running DB Configurator scripts.

Did you happen to bring up the env? How did it go? Did you face any issue?

-Senthil

Abhishek…we have been following upgrade guide, but it doesn’t do a good job of answering questions about the neverending errors you get along the way…
We are moving to 8.2 because development has already started on 8.2. But in test environment we need migrated data for PRE and PRA

Snehilkumar…that is what I am expecting. However, the biggest challenge has been reducing the existing size of the schema using Monitor 7.1.2 so that migration of PRA and PRE can execute without error. WMPROCESSSTEP table is huge and we have not been able to make Monitor 712 or any stored procedure work at reducing the size of it.
Thank you