Upgrade IS 601 to 61

Hello community,

we are currently preparing the upgrade from 6.01 to 6.1 at our customer. As per our current planning, that would mean that
for a short time (some weeks) we will have 6.01 and 6.1 IS and broker
installations within our environment. Has anybody made experiences regarding the following topics:

• Is it possible to run 6.01 together with 6.1 versions in the 

same environment? Do all services, process models etc. developed on 6.01
also run on 6.1?

• Is it possible to have broker territories consisting of 6.01 and 

6.1 brokers?

• Can 6.1 ISes interoperate with 6.01 brokers ? (I read in the 

upgrade guide that direction vice versa - 6.01 IS with 6.1 broker - is
no problem).

• What else do we have to consider if we run temporarely servers 

with 6.01 and 6.1 Ises and brokers ?

It would be great if some of you can let me know some of your experiences.

We are running on Solaris 8, java 1.4.2_05-b04.

Thanks, best regards, Thomas

Hi Thomas,

We are currently in the same upgrade process. For the moment, we upgraded almost all our brokers (except production) to 6.1, but most of our IS are still 6.0.1.
Since last week we experience problems with our process models: these can’t be disabled anymore and triggering them with a TN document seems to hang the system in certain occasions. Support is investigating this issue.
We also had to recreate a number of broker gateway filters to enable communication over the gateway again, but now it seems to work OK. We also have a couple of territories between Europe and the US that contain a 6.1 and 6.0.1 broker, which seems to work fine until now.
There also seems to be a bug in the installer when used on HP-UX. The upgrade fails because the WmRoot and WmPRT packages are not properly overwritten if you try to install from an image and select the 2 feature packs during the upgrade. I didn’t test this on Solaris, but I just mention it in case you would run into it as well…

Hope this helps,
Kristof

Hi,

We use Broker Server Version 4, 5, and 6.1 and they talk to each other using territories and gateways, if that soothes your nerves.

Regards,

Chirag.