Upgrade 6.01 to 6.5

Hi everyone,
I’m investigating the issues for migrating from 6.0.1 to 6.5. From reading the install/fix docs it appears that the minimum jdk is 1.4.2 and the oracle db is 9.2.0.6 (for audit logs, TN, etc). I wanted to do a test upgrade on a sandbox but will probably have to guestimate how long this upgrade will take per server. I would also like to do this in stages, eg. first wm upgrade, then jdk, then oracle db for example.

Can anyone provide comments on this such as:

1. Are these the absolute minimum versions (for jdk and oracle db)
  2. Any gotchas regarding required flow changes (like for maps)
  3. Any intermediate installs needed (eg. 6.01 to 6.1 then 6.5)
  4. Any issues migrating from windows to solaris box (this would be an install and migration vs. an upgrade).

I know this mostly specific to each individual client but any general help would be appreciated. I’ve got a handle on the wmdb to jdbc adapter conversion work already. If you need any more specific info please let me know.

Thanks,
Will

The jdk upgrade is required as part of the upgrade as is the database version on the Oracle side. You have to do both at the same time as part of the install. You will run into issues if you don’t use those minimum versions.

There is an intermediate upgrade required for the prt and process audit. You will need to go from 6.0.1 to 6.1 SP1 to 6.5. This is done via the database scripts, it’s not a big deal.

Didn’t find any major issues with the upgrade other than the complexity of the new my webMethods Server (MwS).:angry: