Update jdbc adpater

Hello,

I’m trying to put my IS in a docker container. I would like a way to update JDBC Adapter without connecting to the administrator view so when I deploy in another environement I don’t have to change every adapter manually.

I’m currently using webMethods 10.5 but it’s not a micro service runtime installation so I can’t use this solution

I have found the service “pub.jdbcAdapter:updateConnectionPassword” but it’s only for the password and I’d like to change the server name and the user too.

Is there a service or any way to do this ?

Regards

Hi Leroux,

Deployer has a feature called Variable substitution, in which you can specify the new parameters for the connections on the target env.

It turned out as a Best Practice to have the JDBC Adapter connections (as well as other Adapters connections and Listeners) in a dedicated package which does not need to be deployed during every deployment but only when there are changes to the connections themselves. Services based on these connections can then be deployed much more often without having to redeploy the underlying connections every time.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,

thank you for your answer, we don’t have the “deployer” component in our projet, so unfortunately I don’t think it will work for me.

Maybe there is another way to change them ?

Maybe I could change the value directly inside the file with a script and change password with the service “pub.jdbcAdapter:updateConnectionPassword”, but I don’t find where they are hardcoded.

Is this idea possible ? If yes, where are those files ?

Regards

Hi Leroux,

this is very difficult to achieve as these values are in a Base64-encoded Property inside the node.ndf of the affected connection node.

What you might want to consider in this case is to have dedicated connections for each docker node preconfigured, with an Environment Identifier in their name and then assign them via pub.art.services:setAdapterServiceNodeConnection.
Remember to reload the package after the connections have been exchanged/updated on the services.

Regards,
Holger