Unable to use EJB adapter in EI error Not available

I configured an EJB adapter on websphere 4.0.1 and enabled it in Configurator. Its running and can see the green light. But when I try to create a new configured operation using EI, I get this error. Any ideas gentleman…

Not Available (516-5160): This operation cannot be completed because the adapter process TestHomeEJBAdapter is not running or has not been contacted yet.

at COM.activesw.API.integration.OperationTemplate.lookupValueInfo(OperationTemplate.java:834)
at COM.activesw.API.integration.ConfiguredOperation.lookupValueInfo(ConfiguredOperation.java:2726)
at COM.activesw.API.integration.ConfiguredOperation.lookupValueInfo(ConfiguredOperation.java:2656)
at COM.activesw.API.integration.OperationParameterValue.getValidValuesInternal(OperationParameterValue.java:3637)
at COM.activesw.API.integration.OperationParameterValue.confirmSimpleValueInternal(OperationParameterValue.java:2844)
at COM.activesw.API.integration.OperationParameterValue.confirmValueInternal(OperationParameterValue.java:3249)
at COM.activesw.API.integration.OperationParameterValue.confirmValue(OperationParameterValue.java:2830)
at COM.activesw.API.integration.ConfiguredOperation.confirmAll(ConfiguredOperation.java:2591)
at COM.activesw.API.integration.ConfiguredOperation.validate(ConfiguredOperation.java:623)
at COM.activesw.API.integration.ConfiguredOperation.(ConfiguredOperation.java:212)
at COM.activesw.tools.tahoe.tree.IntelligentAdapterNode.createConfiguredOperationNode(IntelligentAdapterNode.java:160)
at COM.activesw.tools.tahoe.tree.IntelligentAdapterNode.createConfiguredOperationNode(IntelligentAdapterNode.java:150)
at COM.activesw.tools.tahoe.tree.BuiltInCollectionNode.createConfiguredOperationNode(BuiltInCollectionNode.java:73)
at COM.activesw.tools.tahoe.model.ModelPlugin$CreateConfiguredOperationCommand.doChange(ModelPlugin.java:1005)
at COM.activesw.tools.tahoe.util.IntegrationCommand.doit(IntegrationCommand.java:170)
at com.wm.ite.internal.CommandManagerImpl.doCommand(CommandManagerImpl.java:374)
at com.wm.ite.API.Command.doCommand(Command.java:458)
at com.wm.ite.API.Command.actionPerformed(Command.java:400)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1450)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1504)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:378)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:250)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:216)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:230)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3717)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:3546)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1167)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:2595)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1216)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:2499)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:2458)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2223)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2132)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1203)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:918)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:2499)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:336)
at java.awt.Event

I have similar experience of the EJB adapter. I also tried to setup communication with an EJB on WebSphere. I made serios efforts but my adapter never became stable. Sometimes I could get it up and running with the tutorial examples, but I never managed to communicate with my own EJB. I got similar errors as you.

Therefore I decided to not use the EJB adapter. Instead I implemented a custom adapter which communicates with an EJB on WebSphere. This works fine. The only complication is that it is necessary for the custom adapter to use a WebSphere JRE (or IBM JRE). Several WebSphere jar-files must also be present in the classpath.

Thanks Martin for the feedback, got EJBSP2 from webMethods support and it solved the issue, if I find the adapter to be clumsy, I’ll go with custom but it seems to be ok right now.
Adnan

Hi, Adnan,

I tried last night and seems EJB adaper has some bugs when a EJB methodvparameter has type of ‘Date’. I’ve change the parameter type from Date to long, and it works fine.

Pierre