Unable to open connection to host 'localhost&ap

While installing the webMethods server I have encountered the following exception:

The command c:\active41\bin\broker_create.exe created the following output:
Unable to open connection to host ‘localhost’.Error ‘java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information’ was reported by socket call.

I also checked the webMethods server that was already running previously and while try to connect to it I encountered a similar error which was:

The connection error was:

Unable to open connection to host ‘webmethodserver’. Error ‘java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused:
no further information’ was reported by the socket call.

Trying to reconnect again…

Comm Failure (102-2050): Unable to open connection to host ‘webmethodserver’. Error
‘java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information’ was reported by the socket call. (BrokerServerClient-7199)

I am facing problems in installing the webmothods server as well as running the already installed server. We have tried three different servers and all are giving the same error. We have also tried changing the default port but the results are the same.Kindly try to look for a resolution of this problem and kindly reply ASAP.

Check if the ActiveWorks Broker and the Monitor are running on the machine. Try stopping and restarting them again.

Good Luck.