Unable to Multiprocess

Hi

My server has 4 CPU’s. But the webMethods java process runs only on one processor. Should the server be running on all the CPU’s. They normally charge you per processor that u have.

OS Platform: PA_RISC2.0W
OS Version: B.11.11
Product webMethods Integration Server 6.5
Updates None
Build Number 394

This is part listing of ‘top’ command. It lists java process only on CPU number 7. Is this correct or I am interpreting it wrongly.

Memory: 1753856K (1588500K) real, 3421468K (3141300K) virtual, 459108K free Page# 1/6

CPU TTY PID USERNAME PRI NI SIZE RES STATE TIME %WCPU %CPU COMMAND
7 ? 9323 webm 152 24 2619M 1379M run 87:53 2.07 2.07 java

Thanking you all :slight_smile:

warm Regards

Thahir

Use of multiple CPUs is an aspect of the JVM, not IS. Refer to the JVM documentation.

Rob

So u mean that even though it shows it on one processor, the JVM might be actually distributing it among the other CPU’s. Is there a way to check if its distributing it correctly. Some java tools that u could think of.

We recently had a memory issue. The ‘glance’ always shows 99% memory utilization and some scheduling tools failed to start. We had to stop some OS process to release some memory to continue. I always notice that glance shows above 90% of Mem utilization all the time even when no process is running in IS.

I had allocated 1G as min mem and 2G as max mem to server.sh in IS. The webMethods administrator shows around 70% memory utilization with total memory shown as 1G while the java process in glance shows around 1.4G when the error occured.

Any advice on how could I optimize here.

warm regards

Thahir

“So u mean that even though it shows it on one processor, the JVM might be actually distributing it among the other CPU’s.”

No. I mean that getting the JVM to use multiple CPUs is a JVM issue. Review the material available on the web for running the JVM to use multiple CPUs.

The IS administrator will show heap space. The JVM process at the OS level will show total memory used, including memory consumed by the JVM executable.

It is common to set the min and max heap size to be the same value.

Thank You Rob

You had been very helpful.

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.