Unable to enable the JDBC connection to informix with NO_TRANSACTION

Hi All,

I have JDBC adapter 6.0.3 installed on IS 6.1.
I am trying to connect to informix database.

I am able to connect with Transaction Type=XA_TRANSACTION and DataSource Class=com.informix.jdbcx.IfxXADataSource.

But when I make a connection with Transaction Type=NO_TRANSACTION and DataSource Class=com.informix.jdbcx.IfxDataSource,and enable it, I get the error listed below:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource OUK_CM_MERLIN_JDBC.Connection:connBillReformat.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.informix.jdbcx.IfxDataSource”.
System or internal error javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory]

The IS has the fixes listed below:
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix54
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix59
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix60
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix63
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix64
IS_6-1_SP1
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix34
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix30
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix32
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix26
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix25
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix24
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix18
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix6
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix7
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix15
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix2
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix1
IS_6-1_FP2

The other adapters installed on the IS are:
MQ Adapter 6.0
EJB adatpter 6.0
JMS adpater 6.1
XSLT adapter 6.0.1
JDBC adpater 6.0.3

The error Log as the entry pasted below:

com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException: [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Default.Default:connNoTransaction.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.informix.jdbcx.IfxDataSource”.
System or internal error javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory]
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:125)
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:116)
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:103)
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.ConnectionDataNodeManager.setConnectionState(ConnectionDataNodeManager.java:1063)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor391.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:287)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:587)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:229)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:194)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:407)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:503)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:367

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav

Please check whether you have copied the necessary jar files in [FONT=PalatinoLinotype][SIZE=2]

[LEFT]
package/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars directory
[/LEFT][/size][/font]

Hi,

I had the jars in the path <IS_ROOT>/lib/jars.
I moved them to package/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars, but it still doesnt work.
The other connections with Transaction Type=XA_TRANSACTION and Transaction Type=LOCAL_TRANSACTION work fine with the jars in either of the paths.

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav.