Unable to create webMethods 8 tables.

Could you please help me, I’m trying to install webMethods 8 and I have install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and Database component Configurator 8.0 but when I’m trying to create the tables , I am getting the below error. I have created the WEBMDB database and the Administrator as a user.

Executing action

• Action : create
  • Database : SQL Server
  • Component : ALL
  • Component version : Latest
  • URL : jdbc:wm:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433;databaseName=LocalDB
  • User : Administrator

• create Database Component: ComponentTracker CTR

• Versions
  • Version: sqlserver 25
  • Scripts create

•   Script(1): C:\SoftwareAG\common\db/scripts/mssql/componenttracker/20/create/mss_ctr_c_ddl.sql

•   Script(3): C:\SoftwareAG\common\db/scripts/mssql/componenttracker/migrate/10_to_20/mss_ctr_m_10_to_20.sql

•   Script(3): C:\SoftwareAG\common\db/scripts/mssql/componenttracker/migrate/10_to_20/mss_ctr_m_ccs_set_component_version.sql

• Database Connection error: [wm-cjdbc40-0034][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: 127.0.0.1:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect
    CDC Error: java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc40-0034][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: 127.0.0.1:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect

Database component configurator summary

Date : Mon Sep 20 15:17:49 CAT 2010
Database : SQL Server
User : Administrator
Action : create

Please make sure the MSSQL DB connection (URL/IP) is accessible or up running…it appears establishing socket connection ntwk issue.

HTH,
RMG

Your connect string points to a sql server database on your local PC listening on port 1433.

SQL Server does not start up with a fixed port per default but with dynamic port binding. As you need a fixed port for the jdbc driver (afaik), you need to set up a fixed port for the SQL Server Engine. This can be done using SQL Server configuration manager below the node SQL Server Network configuration. Just enter 1433 into the TCP Port property of IPAll.

Another point to check may be a local firewall. If you have one active, check if the connections from and to the SQLServer port are allowed.