Unable to connect to Oracle using JDBC Adapter

Hello,

I am trying to create a new JDBC Adapter using Service name but it is not working and showing me the below error in IS Admin console.

Can you please help me to connect with Service name
====================ERROR=============================================
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource IP_Custom.connections:ORCL_IP_Custom.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Caused by: com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedException: [ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Hi Bidya,

can you provide a screenshot of your database connection config please?
You can mask server address and port if neccessary, but the other parameters are important for analysis.

Additionally you might want to check with your DBA for the exact Database Instance Name (SID), which can be different from ServiceName value.

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger,

Thanks a lot.

I am able to connect to the DB using SQL Developer so no connection issue, we dont know the SID of the DB.

You mean to say it will never work with service name?

Attached the image of the jdbc adapter

Hi Bidya,

SQL Developer can connect via either ServiceName or SID.
The field Database Name in the JDBC Connection configuration refers to the SID.
Are you using the same database for the wM-internal JDBC Pooling?
If so, the bundled DataDirect-Driver used for this is using the ServiceName of the database for its connection URL.

When using Oracle XE, the SID as well as the ServiceName is fixed to XE, when using a real Oracle DB the SID and the ServiceName are configured in the tnsnames.ora file and the DBA should be able to share this listener entry to you for configuring the connection.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Ok thanks let me check

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.