Unable to connect to Oracle 8i using JDBC

Hi Guys,
I am in very bad need of help. I am unable to connect DB (Oracle 8i on Win XP with SP2 ). I have installed oracle 8i then i have installed J2SE 1.5 and then WMIS 6.1, now when i try to configure my JDBC Adapter to ORACLE i am getin the following error, [ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” cannot be located. I have copied the classes111.zip file to the IS/…/jar location and restarted the IS… and SYS, and tryed adding java home to environment variable and then IS… jvm, still i am getting the same error , I am new to java and WM , can anyone plz help me out ASAP.

Regards,
kiron

hi,

Although i have never came across such a problem, but just one simple check,
Copy the jar files present in ora80/jdbc/lib to IntegrationServer/lib/jars and restart the server again.
Let me know if this works.

regards,
Sumit

Put the Classes12.zip in your webm_home\IntegrationServer\lib\jars folder and then restart the IS.It should locate the class now.

Are you using IS provided standard jvm?IS6.1 currently supports JVM1.4.2 only.

HTH,
RMG

Remove the class*.jar files in …\IntegrationServer\lib\jars and place ojdbc14.jar file then restart the IS.

Regards,
Hari

Hi Hari

If I am not wrong I think the jars depend on the version of the JVM used, i.e for JVM 1.3 it uses classes12.zip and JVM 1.4 it uses ojdbc14.jar.

Cheers
Jeevan