Unable to configure Connection Manager

Hi i am using 6.1 IS,Developer,Oracle 9.2 and i have placed classes12.jar in webMethods/IS/lib/jars folder.But still i am getting the following problem. I have gone through the posts. It was said that Installing webMethods in program files may be the problem. Any laternative to solve this issue.

The Error is

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBCAdapter:OracleJDBCConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

The “IO Exception” error message suggests that you might not have the hostname, IP address or port correct or that you may not be able to access the database server from your IS host. Oracle uses 1521 by default, but your organization may be using another port number for your Oracle instance.

Isolate the problem: confirm that you can access the database server using ping, Oracle TNSPing and another Oracle SQL client.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. Actually Oracle was not installed in my machine. So i am using the corresponfing IP address to connect to the database.
I pinged using ping 192.27… It works. But i dont know how to use TNSPing. I dont have any client setup of oracle in my machine. (If i have TOAD or SQL editor i may try using them). How can i do it.

Thanks&Regards
balaram

try using any jdbc based tools (like Aqua Data Studio…) to initially test the connections are verifying the schema.

HTH
PRY