Trying to display the byte array content in IFrame CAF portlet

Hi All,

I am invoking a consumer webservice to get the the file content in byte array. I want to display the 1st byte array object in the CAF Iframe portlet.

Can you please suggest, how we can do this.

Hello Kamalpreet
Just to understand your scenario better, could you clarify the below for me?

1. When you say “display the ist byte array object”, did you mean that you literally want to display the byte array object (Unreadable Machine Content) on the screen?
  2. iFrames are used to include another static page (like a .html page) into your current page. So, if you are invoking a consumer WS in your CAF application and getting back the file content in response, it is not possible to render it inside the iFrame.

Answers to above questions would help to understand better.

Hi Prasad, Thanks for the quick response on the query. Please find my answers below:

1. When you say “display the ist byte array object”, did you mean that you literally want to display the byte array object (Unreadable Machine Content) on the screen? -
    No , but this byte array object is having the pdf or tiff file, which needs to be displayed.

2. iFrames are used to include another static page (like a .html page) into your current page. So, if you are invoking a consumer WS in your CAF application and getting back the file content in response, it is not possible to render it inside the iFrame -
    As mentioned in the point 1, the byte array object is being returned by the webservice, which is actually a PDF file or TIFF image file. How can we display it in CAF. Initially we were using the filenet tool that used to render the file and was displaying it in IFrame by passing the URL directly.