Triggers

Hi,

I have a doubt in triggers.I have created one publishable document and i m going to subscribe the document using triggers.In triggers,i set the trigger queue capacity=10 and refill value is 4.processing mode=concurrent,max execution threads=5.what my question s  i set the capacity=10,it will publish as many as.then what could be capacity..Can anyone suggest me in this.My requirement s we have to subscribe the document only minimum no.of.times even though the document was published more no.of.times.

Your max execution thread setting along with concurrent processing enabled determine how many publishing threads are active, in this case 5. Trigger capacity and refill just determine at what levels the dispatcher (which is alot in my opinion, you must have a lot of volume or a really slow flow service) goes back to the broker to retreive more docs to publish.

In really high volume environments, playing with the trigger capacity and refill can sometimes help throughput.

I think you mean “subscribing” instead of “publishing.”

Mark, I know you know that triggers have nothing to do with publishing.
:slight_smile:

“My requirement s we have to subscribe the document only minimum no.of.times even though the document was published more no.of.times.”

Perhaps it is a language issue, but this “requirement” makes no sense at all to me. Can you try rewording what you need to do?

publish subscibe what’s the difference. :smiley: