trigger is not subscribing to subsequent docs published

Hi,

I have scenario where my publishing service is publishing the each records received from rest service.

Like →

start of service1

Call rest serviceA
Loop over response records
pub.pub.publish

End of service1

Trigger is subscribing to the docs published. Call service2
In the subscribing service,

start of service2
process records map it the request doc
Post to rest serviceB
Branch on response
If error
Exit from flow on failure - log failure in MWS as i have enabled audit logging.

Else
process response
end of service2

When Service1 publishes first doctype, Service2 process and gets response error from rest service B and exits the flow.
But then it is not processing the any next incoming document for this transactions.
Suppose service1 publishes 10 docs, service2 is processing only first records and rest all are not getting subscribed.

If i remove exit from flow step in subscribing service2 then everything works as expected.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kavitha

Did you check if the messages are getting marked as Duplicate or In-Doubt? check the IS Admin page->resources section.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I do not see anything in duplicate or in doubt.

That’s creepy!

Can you share the screenshots of your publishing, trigger (props) and subscribing service. Also, do you use Broker or UM and share your server version.

I did try out a sample service which loops over a string list (num) and I publish to UM, the trigger is set to defaults. On the subscriber side, I have addInts if the result is 2 (I exit the flow with failure) else debug log. I see the below entries on the server log which does process all the numbers published.

2018-09-08 12:00:06 AEST [ISS.0153.0042E] webMethods Messaging Trigger Test:trigger failed processing message e814c400-b30a-11e8-8945-00000000000c: com.wm.lang.flow.FlowException:
2018-09-08 12:00:06 AEST [ISP.0090.0003C] 4
2018-09-08 12:00:06 AEST [ISP.0090.0003C] 6

Hi,

We are using UM. Is version is 10.1. this problem occurs only when subscribing end goes into error and there i have put Exit From Flow step. But ideally it should be an exit from that published transaction but here it is exiting from the failed record and not processing further documents published.

Adding the screenshots for the same.

Try EXIT flow and signal FAILURE and see the results as your screenshot shows differently.