Transfer Position quality

Used: Cumulocity Backend 1011.0.12, UI 9.20.21
License Custom license on supplier server

Goal
I would like to transfer more information for c8y_position; e.g.

• Status (e.g. Invalid, estimated, RTK)
  • Source (e.g. Invalid, Estimated, GPS, Glonass, Baidu, Galileo)

Question:
I successfully sent additional info to the backend which I can receive via Postman collection:

"c8y_Position": {
        "lng": 11.621,
        "alt": 500.0,
        "lat": 48.065,
        "status": -1.0
    },

However, I cannot select this value c8y_Position.status in any widget (e.g. the asset properties widget)

Is there any standardized way in Cumulocity to handle Position quality?

Hi Frank,

the c8y_Position fragment, which you can select in the asset properties widget, is hardcoded. It will always have the structure:

"c8y_Position": {
  "lng": 11.621,
  "alt": 500.0,
  "lat": 48.065,
}

any custom fields stored on the c8y_Position fragment will be ignored by the asset properties widget. This is also what you see for your status field

I see following options, how you can display the status information on the dashboard:

• use the HTML widget and access the property manually, e.g. {{device.c8y_Position.status}}
  • store the property in a custom fragment and don’t extend the built-in property c8y_Position. The custom fragment will be picked up by the asset properties widget:
"c8y_PositionDetails": {
  "status": -1.0
}
  • Implement a custom widget using the Web SDK, which displays the information stored in the c8y_Position fragment

Bes regards
Christian

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.