Trading Networks cannot convert byte[] to java.security.cert.X509Certificat when installing cert.

Attempting to update partner profile with new security cert in wM TN (8.2) and receiving “Cannot convert byte to X509Certificate, exception encountered at index 1. CertificateException encountered; Trading Networks cannot convert byte to java.security.cert.X509Certificat.”

Examination of the certificate and CA certs in the chain does not reveal anything unusual. All three certs are SHA-256, RSA 2048 bits.

Any clarification of the error message or assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary

KB Article #1741987:, check if this helps.

Workaround:

Import the certificate via Trading Network (TN) Console for the affected partner profiles.
TN Console > Trading Partners (Deprecated) > "the partner profile you want to add your certificate to" > "Security" Tab > Edit to import the certificate.

Resolution: TN_8.2_SP2_MWS_Fix11 officially addresses the issue:

OTN-9928
In webMethods Trading Networks, an error is thrown when you upload P7B type of security certificates for partner profiles.

1. Log in to My webMethods.
  2. Go to Administration > Integration > Partner Administration > Partner Profiles > Any Partner > Certificate > Sign/Verify > Add Certificate.
  3. Upload a P7B security certificate. An exception is thrown.

The issue is resolved now.

[Note] This fix depends on the following fixes.

MWS_8.2_SP1_Fix7 or the latest fix that supersedes it.
TNS_8.2_SP2_Fix10 or the latest fix that supersedes it.
EDI_8.0_SP1_Fix13 (If EDI is installed) or the latest
fix that supersedes it.

1 Like

Hi Mahesh,

I was loading each cert individually. When I loaded the .p7b file, it worked.

Thanks for the tip!

-Mary

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know and can you mark the thread as Answered “Accepted answer”.