Tivoli Access Mgr Policy director

Hi there.

Has anyone done any integrations involving Tivoli Access Manager (formerly known as Tivoli Policy Director) on Enterprise Server ? I have seen the document titled “Using Tivoli Policy Director with webMethods Integration Server” (from Sept 2002), but I’d like to hear from people who have actually “been there, done that” with webMethods & Tivoli.

Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,

Wayne

I’ve kinda BTDT. In order to monitor our environment we log messages to the broker.alert file in addition to the ones that the broker and adapters put out. These are classified as APPLICATION. We have implemented a file adapter from Tivoli which scans the broker.alert file for new additions. In Tivoli we’ve classified the problems and when new entries are made the appropriate pager is called to alert the appropriate party. It works pretty slick however, sometimes it seems slow. At this point we’re still using operators to page out in order to avoid event storms when the s___ hits the fan as it sometimes does.

Steve, thanks for the info. Did you happen to build any adapters for Tivoli Access Manager ? I believe Access Manager sits over top of LDAP. It sounds like the work you did is for the Tivoli monitoring tool, instead of the Access Manager product.

Any information on Tivoli/webMethods is valuable for us, since we will be using Tivoli for monitoring and as an Access Manager.

Regards,

Wayne