The impact of not having Broker

Hi,

We are using single IS 7.1 (as well as 4.6) for our EAI implementation, Present project was upgraded from 4.6 to 7.1.
In 4.6 broker was existed after migrate from 4.6 to 7.1 our team didn’t implement broker due to lack of knowledge on broker. Recently I came to this project, so please clear me if is there any impacts without broker? Or any advantages will be if I add broker to existing project.

Application we are using for EAI:

—>Agile<-------->Siebel<-------->Oracle<----

Thanks
Ravi

It’s not really possible to answer your question without understanding your architecture and overall application requirements.

The webMethods Broker is a high speed messaging switch. It is generally used for pub/sub, request/reply or store/forward type applications/integrations. It is not always needed in an integration and it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Having said that I have found that adding the broker to your integration rarely hurts it and there are some advantages in my opinion. Constructing very granular services with the broker as the communication means can help you achieve very robust and reusable (without being brittle) integrations.

I strongly caution however that simply adding in the broker will not automatically achieve these advantages.