TaskIssue after Migration from wM7.1.2 to 8.2.

HI All,

We have migrate the task application from webMethods 7.1.2 to 8.2.
The migration went fine except when we assign a new role or user to the task,the user in the role is not able subscribe the notification for the tasks.

when the user log in and click on the subscribe link it is throwing the below error

"[POP.007.0077] You are not authorized to view the resource: “New user has no privilege to view task detail page [Fabric Tasks > Monitoring > Business > Tasks > My Inbox]” "

I have granted complete access on the task to the user.

Could you please help us in resolving the above issue.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh Bandi

Could you please check the functional privileges to see if the user has the Subscribe privilege? (See screenshot for design time info)

Regards,
–mark
Subscribe.gif

Thanks Mimel,

I have fixed the above issue by grating the permissions(Functional and access previllages) at application level.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh Bandi

Hi Mahesh - Facing the similar issue after migrating from 8.2 to 9.8 - Could you provide me the steps to provide the functional privilege?

Hi,

please check with a sysadmin user under “Folders → System → Portlets → ” if the role has view permissions and if not grant it “View only”.

Right click on the down arrow near tools for thetask portlet and select Permissions.

This is a new requirement under wM 9.x.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks again Holger

Here is the summary of the issue and the fix

Issue:
[POP.007.0077] - You are not authorized to view the resource error was displayed whenever login with Administrator credentials

Resolution:
Added "My webMethods Administrator"as a member to Role- “Admin Role” under the path Folders → Administrative Folders → Directory ->Roles-> Edit Role

Hi Ganesh,

the default permissions for viewing portlets are:

• Everynone: None
  • Admin Role: Grant all

Admin Role contains SysAdmin User.

When specifying custom roles for portlets these should only be granted “View only”.

Be carefull when adding Administrator (displayed name “My webMethods Administrator”) to the Admin Role.
If the Rule evaluation order for skins, shells and startpages is modified you might be falsly directed to the portal admin frontend instead of the regular webMethods Administration frontend.

Regards,
Holger

Noted Holger - Thanks

Hi Holger - As per your statement i understand the below resolution i applied was wrong

Resolution:
Added "My webMethods Administrator"as a member to Role- “Admin Role” under the path Folders → Administrative Folders → Directory ->Roles-> Edit Role

Tried the suggestion provided by you shown below
"please check with a sysadmin user under “Folders → System → Portlets → ” if the role has view permissions and if not grant it “View only”.

However View only permission didnt work in my application, provided ‘Custom’ permission (by selecting Create Child Items & Create Child Containers) and it worked…

Any idea behind this? curious to know the difference between View only and Custom permissions

Regards,
Ganesh

One more observation - Above workaround helped only Administrator to login MWS - When other LDAP user logs in CAF screen throwing [POP.007.0077] - You are not authorized to view the resource error

Raised an incident, will keep you posted on the update - Thanks