Task input fields not appearing in queueTask service inputs

Hi all

I have a task with a certain set of business data inputs configured on it. If I refresh the inputs on the task’s step in the process it picks up the correct inputs. I publish the process.

But if I go to the inputMap or queueTask services, those same inputs aren’t there in the taskData document, and they aren’t mapped in.

What drives the generation of those services? Is it the task step inputs in the process or the task itself somehow? How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Hi Rob,

I am not really sure what went wrong with this, but I can tell that the services are generated during the ‘build and upload’ of the Process Model and not the task itself.

Maybe the Build and Upload operation threw some error/warning.

Thanks and Regards,
Ninad Patil

Thanks Ninad, I’ll check for any warnings.

Just to clarify my question: while the services are definitely created during process build and upload, what I’m wondering is where do the inputs to the different services come from. Here is a guess:

1. Inputs for inputMap service come from the process input/output section in the step’s properties.
  2. Items in the TaskData document in the queueTask service come from the task itself.

I don’t know if that’s right, but that’s what I’m wondering about. Either way, it’s not obvious why it’s not working :slight_smile:

Okay, we’ve fixed it, but we’re not entirely sure what’s going on here. This is our best guess as to how Designer generates task data mappings in process services, written in Python-indented pseudocode :slight_smile:

process deployment:
  if the task is not in the same Designer workspace as the process
     if the task has been deployed to MWS
       generate mappings based on the task deployed into MWS
     else
       generate mappings with an empty taskData document
  else
     generate mappings based on the business data of the task in the workspace

If this is the case, the problem is the guy deploying the process MUST close the task project in his workspace if he doesn’t have the latest copy of the task, or it’ll deploy incorrectly.