Task failing if completed using IS task Client services

Hi All,

I am facing a strange issue all of a sudden. We are creating a task using BPM. We have created a third party web application which interacts with this task and updates it. ONce its updates are done, then it updates the status is database and ESB then completes the task.

This used to work for some time but all of a sudden, the task have started to fail once they are marked as completed. Following is the log from task Auditing

taskInfo.errorCode → from null to “task.error.prt.delivery”
taskInfo.errorMessage → from null to “Unable to deliver task completion to Process runtime (PRT)”
taskInfo.status → from “completed” to “error”

Can someone give any pointers where this might have gone wrong?

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Ninad Patil

The MWS full.log or error.log should capture additional information about the failure. I recommend taking this issue to SAG support, as it may be difficult to diagnose the root problem via forum posts.

Thanks Ron,

I will start a request with SAG. BUt I would like this to move on parallely in case someone has faced this issue.

I can see the following error in the logs:

2013-04-18 00:57:50 EST (Framework : WARN) - [PRT.0101.9123] No value was supplied for the required parameter CallbackData.
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [PRT.0101.9123] No value was supplied for the required parameter CallbackData.
at com.wm.app.prt.util.ServiceUtils.getRequiredObject(ServiceUtils.java:22)
at wm.prt.tde.tdeCallback(tde.java:33)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor125.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

I can see that from the BPM, the ProcessData is being passed to CallbackData service while task creation. BUt the above error comes while completion of the task. The task is completed, then the above error keeps on coming in the database and after half an hour, the task goes to Error status with the audit log entries put in the first post.

Is this data getting deleted by any chance?

Thanks and Regards,
Ninad Patil

An update on this issue. This has been resolved.

Posting solution for reference.

We found a service ticket history where someone had faced such an issue. The solution implemented was while updating the task using Task Service just add the following line of code:

taskInfo.setAttributes(null);

Looks like while using task service or task API, some data is corrupted in the Task Info and this is a mandatory thing. This is not required (infact Attributes field in not even visible) if task updates are done completely through ESB wmTaskClient services

HTH.

Thanks and Regards,
Ninad Patil

You could fix the

error?

how?

thanks!