Task creation error

I am using webMethods 7.1.2 and I am facing an issue when my process tries to queue a new task. I have the following exception in the queueTask service:

A “java.lang.NullPointerException” occurred with the Message “at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.impl.CommandManager.invokeRemoteCommand(CommandManager.java:138)” .

Help please!

I have added the stacktrace:

2011-09-23 12:21:33 CEST DODCENSEPGestionDemandes.CensepDemande.CensepDemande_1.default:Identification_de_la_demande_GIGLAInputMapService com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: electric.util.WrappedException: SOAPException( Server.userException: com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.BizException: [POP.001.0002] A “java.lang.NullPointerException” occurred with the Message “at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.impl.CommandManager.invokeRemoteCommand(CommandManager.java:138)” )

2011-09-23 12:21:33 CEST DODCENSEPGestionDemandes.CensepDemande.CensepDemande_1.default:Identification_de_la_demande_GIGLAQueueTask com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: electric.util.WrappedException: SOAPException( Server.userException: com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.BizException: [POP.001.0002] A “java.lang.NullPointerException” occurred with the Message “at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.impl.CommandManager.invokeRemoteCommand(CommandManager.java:138)” )

2011-09-23 12:21:33 CEST pub.task.taskclient:queueTask com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: electric.util.WrappedException: SOAPException( Server.userException: com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.BizException: [POP.001.0002] A “java.lang.NullPointerException” occurred with the Message “at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.impl.CommandManager.invokeRemoteCommand(CommandManager.java:138)” )

2011-09-23 12:21:33 CEST pub.task.taskclient:queueTask electric.util.WrappedException: SOAPException( Server.userException: com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.BizException: [POP.001.0002] A “java.lang.NullPointerException” occurred with the Message “at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.impl.CommandManager.invokeRemoteCommand(CommandManager.java:138)” )

It looks like you are using a load balanced URL to go from IS to MWS, is that correct? Are all of the nodes on MWS configured the same? Do they all happen to have the Task Engine Role?

There isn’t a lot of information that you’ve posted so i’m trying to piece together an idea about what might be going wrong.
–mark

Check out step by step task creation and linking it to a process withh examples and screenshots at below blog:

http://www.idnxchange.com/webmethods-blogs/step-by-step-webmethods-task-creation-and-linking-it-to-a-process.html