Synchronization of documents with broker

Hi All,
Is there any built-in service in webMethods to synchronize documents with the broker instead of doing it manually through developer…

Thanks & Regards
Rajani Pawar

What do you mean by “in webMethods?”

Hi Rajani

You can use the service wm.broker.sync:listOutOfSyncs to get docs out of synch in the broker

Then use the service wm.server.ed:syncToBroker to synch docs programmatically within a flow service.

Note that these are internal services (not in a public folder)

Hope this helps

Mourao @ WRIGHTIA
The Right Integration Attitude
http://www.wrightia.com

Hi Mourao,
Thanks a lot for ur help.

When i try to run the service wm.server.ed:syncToBroker, i am getting the error “Unable to lock node”. Can you please let me know why this error occurs?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajani

Hi Rajani

I never used these services so I’m only making suggestions based on the name of the services.
Try to use the service wm.server.ns:LockNode / wm.server.ns:unLockNode and other similar available in the IntegrationServer\packages\WmRoot\wm\server\ns
This should lock and unlock the services and then you should be able to synchronize

Hope this helps

Mourao @ WRIGHTIA
The Right Integration Attitude

http://www.wrightia.com

hi Mourao,
I found out that error “unable to lock node” was occuring because i was not passing the document name as the parameter for one of the argument of the syncToBroker service…
But now facing problem with wm.broker.sync:listOutOfSyncs service.When i try to loop over the document list returned by this method, i am not able to get the nsName element which is the part of document.The value of this element is seen in the pipeline, but when i try to assign it to a variable, it is set as empty string…

Can any provide me with some inputs to resolve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajani

Hi Rajan
i,
I beleive when you sync up the documents, the ns name is the broker document name not the ns name of the document in IS. I was curious about the reason of programatically syncing up the documents. Can we know the purpose behind it, as we do not require to sync the docuemtns at run time

Rgds,
Pradeep

Hi All,
I am trying to do the sync automatically via a service, and I am facing the exact same problem that RajaniP is facing.

Firstly this service is in wMRoot instead of usual wMPublic, secondly the nsname does not appear in the pipeline…which is unusual, its something like read-only variable.

We are trying to find a alternate method of syncing PROD documents, which obviously is to avoid the risk of using a Developer tool.

IS there anybody using different method (may not specifically be writing a service as mentioned above - however thts the first choice). Please suggest your options!

Thanks
Sue

Services in WmRoot are not intended for our use. They are for wM use only.

You might consider using Deployer. It provides several features and benefits, one of which is sync’ing documents during deployments.

Thanks Rob,

We dont use deployer in Prod, bcos we have our own deployment scripts for the same.

Is there a way to sync docs from MWS atleast?

Thanks

Not that I’m aware.

Another approach to consider is using the export/import facilities of Broker. You’d export the desired doc types from your dev/test environment and import them to prod when the IS packages are deployed. If memory serves, Broker import/export is doable from the command-line.