Sybase DB adapter service

Hi,
There is a sybase DB adapter service that i am working on. The service is already existing in production. Also, the adapter service has the production DB catalogue hardcoded in it.
To test this service in TEST, i have repointed the connection to the test instance, however, i am unable to change the catalogue in the adapter service. If i try to expand the tree for , nothing opens up.

The user is having read and write access to the required schemas, the connection itself is not giving any errors while getting enabled.

Any suggestions?

PS: I am using jt400.jat and the driver that i am using is com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDataSource . WM version is 7.1.3

Thanks.

Hi All, i am still facing this issue with the adapter service. Even when i create a new adapter and an adapter service, in the ‘tables’ tab, i see a list in this form:
[HTML]
+
+catalogue1
+catalogue2
[/HTML]
Ideally, it should be something like this:
[HTML]
-
+catalogue1
+catalogue2
[/HTML]
I have checked with the DBA team and the user that i am using is having DBO privileges. However, still i am facing this issue.
Also, when i try to validate the adapter service, i get this error:

com.wm.driver.comm.b2b.WmCommException: [[[ART.114.243] Adapter Runtime (Metadata): Failed to run resourceDomainLookupValues service. Details provided in error log.
[ADA.1.321] Cannot get the list of schemas. "
B JZ0SA: Prepared Statement: Input parameter not set, index: 0."[/b]
JZ0SA: Prepared Statement: Input parameter not set, index: 0.] [ART.114.243] Adapter Runtime (Metadata): Failed to run resourceDomainLookupValues service. Details provided in error log.
JZ0SA: Prepared Statement: Input parameter not set, index: 0.] [[ART.114.243] Adapter Runtime (Metadata): Failed to run resourceDomainLookupValues service. Details provided in error log.
JZ0SA: Prepared Statement: Input parameter not set, index: 0.] [ART.114.243] Adapter Runtime (Metadata): Failed to run resourceDomainLookupValues service. Details provided in error log.
JZ0SA: Prepared Statement: Input parameter not set, index: 0.
on tables.schemaName [Ljava.lang.String;@15dcdeb
java.lang.Exception: Adapter values are not available.

I have also updated my jar file and am using jconn3.jar and the driver is com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDataSource

Thanks.

Hi there,
we had the same problem and a few minutes ago we managed to resolve the issue, so hope this will work for you as well:

Recently the ASE was upgraded to 15.0.3/EBF 17772 ESD#4. On top of it our DBAs installed SDK 19 (because of some connectivity problems), which installed SP for JConnect 7 onto the DB. WM JDBC Adapter was using jconn2.jar and jconn3.jar, which both correspond to the JConnect 6 … so:

log onto your sybase server and run the following sp:
sp_version

this will display a few lines, one of them will relate to the jConnect
I suspect it will be something like this:
jConnect ™ for JDBC™/7.00(… blah, blah …

So you have 2 options here:

1. Roll back the SP so the version corresponds to your jConnect, when you run sp_version you get:
    jConnect ™ for JDBC™/6.05(… blah, blah …
    and your WM JDBC adapter should start working again

2. Download jConnect 7 from Sybase. Get the jconn4.jar file from the tgz file (you might need to run setup and then get it from the installation folders). Put the jconn4.jar to the IntegrationServer/lib/jars/ folder, restart the IS. Change the JDBC connection to use class: com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybDataSource. Please note that this requires also your IS to run Java 1.6!

Again, hope this helps!

Stefan

ps, we went for the option 1

Hi Stefan,

Any one had luck with configuring this sybase class on IS 8.2.2?

com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybDataSource

We had jconn4.jar updated in the class path and restarted IS but still no luck:

Error we are getting while enabling the JDBC connection is:

[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybDataSource”. JZ0D5: Error loading protocol com.sybase.jdbc4.tcp/ip.TCP/IP.

Please advise.

TIA,
RMG

Hi RMG,

I am sorry, but since we rolled back the SP I’ve not looked into this issue. We still run version IS 7.1.3.

Thanks for your quick response!

We are getting this error now and trying to resolve:

[ADA.1.205] Cannot retrieve the metadata. " (JZ0SJ/0) JZ0SJ: Metadata accessor information was not found on this database. Please install the required tables as mentioned in the jConnect documentation." JZ0SJ: Metadata accessor information was not found on this database. Please install the required tables as mentioned in the jConnect documentation.
TIA,
RMG

Folks/Gurus,

Any one else faced this issue and resolution please?..

We had tried with all jconn3d,jconn4,netforge jtds jars but no luck with WmJDBCAdapter6.5 for SYBASE SQL Anywhere:

P.S.with WmDB for jtds driver works though.

TIA,
RMG