SXS functions also in XQuery 4?

Dear All

I have got a question concerning the server extensions. Is it possible to use server extension functions together with XQuery?
I have been able to write a simple function and to call it through the interactive interface by X-Query:

mytest.helloWorld()

giving me the result:

xql:resulthelloWorld</xql:result>

Now I would like to do the same with XQuery but I only get this error msg INOXQE6358 Function unknown, Function: mytest.helloWorld

Is there a special way of calling functions out of XQuery? I have already looked through the advanced concepts pages of the documentation, but without any success.
If there is some more detailed documentation about server extensions and XQuery 4 I would be glad to give it a try!
Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Mic

Hi Mic,

At the moment it is not possible to develop Server Extensions to be used with XQuery, only X-Query is possible.

Kind regards,

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Hi Stuart

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

Then I would have to use X-Query to call functions. My question now is, what restrictions such server extension functions have. Do they have access to the Database (XQuery4 or X-Query) and can they make function calls to other functions? (What APIs can they use)

Like this I could simply make one function call by X-Query on the database, and implement the whole query-process in the function.

Best regards

Mic

Hi Mic,

With server extensions you are fairly free to do what you want. With server extensions there are callback mechanisms. This does not include XQuery but does include X-Query. Please see documentation for more information (x:\Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino 4.1.4.1\Documentation\servext\sedev.htm).

Hope this helps,

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

I am new to Tamino and was just wondering: Even now, 9 months after this last post, is there still no support for calling X-tensions using XQuery4?

Thanks,
C

Hi C,

Tamino 4.2, which is to be released end of June, will support calling server extension query functions from XQuery

regards

Harald